Senior Researcher in Targeted delivery to T Cells
A senior researcher position is available in the ‘T cell recognition and Cancer’ group at the Division of Immunology and Vaccinology, at the Danish
A senior researcher position is available in the ‘T cell recognition and Cancer’ group at the Division of Immunology and Vaccinology, at the Danish Technical University, Kongens Lyngby.
The group is currently consisting of 25 people, including Postdocs, PhD students, Technicians and undergraduate students.
The overall aim of the research group is to gain novel insight to T cell recognition of cancer and autoimmune diseases, through use and development of novel technologies.
Responsibilities and tasks
The senior researcher will be responsible for two lines of research - one focussing on novel technology development using molecular encoding strategies to track and trace particles for cellular delivery. Another line of projects focus on MHC directed T cell expansion. The senior researcher will be responsible for the daily supervision of master and PhD students working on projects within these 2 areas. The senior researcher will be responsible for development and securing intellectual property of the project related innovation and for initiating appropriate commercialization processes.
The senior researcher will work specifically to attract research funding via the H2020 programme for international collaboration around the 2 research areas. This requires experience with attracting funding and pre-existing contact with the important players in the mentioned research fields in Europe.
- hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc.
The applicant must have expert knowledge in molecular encoding and high throughput screening strategies. Specifically, experience from working with DNA-barcode tagged libraries is essential. Also, the applicant must have in-depth understanding of and experience with many commonly used laboratory techniques, such as PCR, flow cytometry, cell cultures and more, to be able to supervise and train students. Additionally, a candidate with experience in the field of T cell immunology, cancer biology, tumor immunology and use of MHC-multimers for T cell detection will be preferred. Since the candidate will be responsible for securing of intellectual property and commercialization of project results it is important that the candidate has experience with patenting and commercialization, ideally from industry.
Experience with the following is essential:
- Molecular encoding
- Building of large library screens
- DNA barcode design
- Technology development of novel reagents for T cell analyses
- T cell expansion
- Flow cytometry
- Supervision of students
- Commercialization of innovation
- Pedication and flexibility
- Team player, yet with an independent project focus
- Working in an international environment
- Take responsibilities beyond your individual project
- In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
- High-level research environment and expertise in the relevant field
- Large research network
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Please submit your online application no later than 3 January 2018 (Local time). Apply via the "Apply" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Views regarding teaching and research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- Documentation of previous teaching and research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder