Senior Researcher in Quantum Nanophotonics
DTU Fotonik has an opening for a Senior Researcher within the area of nanophotonics, with special emphasis on integrated photonics for applications in quantum technology.
As Senior Researcher, your task is to strengthen our activities within theory, design, and experimental characterization of advanced integrated photonic structures and devices for future quantum networks, sensors, simulators, and computers.
We expect you to:
- Identify and pursue promising research directions within, but not limited to, integrated photonics for quantum technology
- Contribute to the design, simulation and experimental characterization of specific devices that exploit fundamental advantages of photons
- Engage in collaboration with colleagues at Fotonik within the area of photonic quantum technology
- Disseminate the results of your work in high-quality journals and at international conferences.
- Interact with and supervise PhD, masters, and bachelor students, including formulation of new projects.
- Participate in teaching activities.
- Contribute to the attraction of funding
You must contribute to teaching at the Department. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
As formal qualification: You hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) in engineering or physics, and you have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as researcher or postdoc. To be appointed as a senior researcher, you must have completed a didactic/pedagogic education. If you do not have the necessary education, then it is possible to complete this requirement within a period of two years of appointment.
As an ideal candidate you should
- Have solid background within the area of theoretical and experimental nanophotonics and quantum photonics.
- Have experience in the supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Have excellent communication skills in English, written and oral.
- Have a flexible, resourceful, and self-motivated way of working.
You should also take personal responsibility for your work and have a good track record of publications in well-esteemed journals. As the rest of the team, you should have an ambitious mind-set that make you strive to achieve world-class results.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation, and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicant’s qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union. Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
The position as a senior researcher is a permanent position. After completing pedagogical training at DTU, the position may be converted to a position as associate professor. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Jesper Mørk, email@example.com.
You can read more about DTU Fotonik at www.fotonik.dtu.dk/english.
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 9 December 2021 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications indicating scientific highlights, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder