Senior Researcher in Plankton and Pollution Interactions and Their Potential Ecosystem Impact
DTU is looking for an ambitious and skilled senior researcher in marine pollution focusing on the impacts of anthropogenic stressors on marine ecosystems.
DTU AQUA invites applications for a position as senior researcher in the section for OCEANS AND ARCTIC. In a context of climate change and increasing ocean pollution, the section wants to strengthen the focus area related to “Plankton and pollution interactions and their potential ecosystem impacts from an ecological perspective different from traditional toxicology. This research line is essential to understand how pollution is changing the ecosystems and to make decisions to reduce the impact of pollutants in the marine environments.
Responsibilities and tasks
With this position, we want to strengthen our research competences within marine pollution from an ecological perspective. The successful candidate is expected to conduct high-quality scientific research at international level, including scientific publications in highly reputed venues. We want to develop the research field at the institute by internal and external collaborations and therefore need a candidate that is strong in fund raising, and who is interested in organizing and promoting experimental research at DTU Aqua’s laboratories and take responsibility for operating the related laboratory facilities in favor of both fellow researchers and students.
Qualifications and requirements for the position
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) in MARINE SCIENCES
- Candidates must have documented research experience on experimental studies
- Candidates must have a good record of peer review publications
- Candidates must be able to document success in obtaining funding
- Candidates should have international experience and network
- Candidates must have experience in mentoring students
- Candidates must have good communication skills both in oral and written English
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information can be obtained from head of section Karen Edelvang firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile +45 3031 9075.
You can read more about the institute at www.aqua.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 9 December 2019 (local time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullets points listed above
- Documentation of previous research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.