Senior Researcher in Nanometer Scale Additive Manufacturing
Your primary tasks will be additive manufacturing (AM) research, education and innovation...
The Section for Manufacturing Engineering at DTU, Department of Mechanical Engineering performs theoretical, numerical, and experimental research in the field of manufacturing engineering. It covers a wide range of manufacturing processes and modelling approaches, metrology at all scales, micro/nano manufacturing, and additive manufacturing. The research is based on a multidisciplinary use of process technology, materials science, solid and fluid mechanics as well as thermodynamics and heat transfer in the analysis, modelling, and development of manufacturing processes.
The section is searching for a senior researcher to strengthen additive manufacturing (AM) research, education and innovation. We have strong research activities in the micrometer range and large scale AM, and we are looking for a colleague to research on nanometer scale AM.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Cutting-edge research in nanoscale additive manufacturing of structural and functional materials with applications in e.g. quantum technologies and brain/machine interfaces.
- Attract external funding as PI and as partner with Danish, European and international partners.
- Collaborations with elite academic institutions in Europe, Asia and North America.
Educational activities will mainly involve supervision of MSc and PhD students but also to some extent teaching in courses with relation to AM
Collaboration with Danish and European companies will be an important part of the position as well as securing IP and supporting the DTU strategy of creating spin-off companies.
- hold a PhD degree in Micro and nanotechnology (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as a researcher or assistant professor.
We also consider important personal qualities
- You are motivated by both individual and team accomplishments
- You believe in dialogue as the best foundation for sound decision-making
- You strive to develop talent amongst others
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Experience and quality of prior project supervision activities (MSc and PhD)
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section, Professor Jesper Hattel, tel.: +45 4525 4710.
You can read more about Department of Mechanical Engineering at www.mek.dtu.dk/english.
Please submit your online application no later than 14 July 2019 (local time). Apply online by clicking 'Ansøg'.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullets points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Mechanical Engineering covers the fundamental engineering disciplines within Solid mechanics, Fluid mechanics, Coastal and Maritime Engineering, Energy systems and energy conversion, Materials and Surface Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering design and Product development. The department has a scientific staff of about 140 persons, 100 PhD students and a technical/administrative support staff of about 80 persons.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.