DTU Nanotech is a department that aims to contribute on a high level to research, development and education within the field of micro- and nanotechnology.
The department is highly multidisciplinary and conducts research within life science and biomedical engineering and is particularly strong within the fields of drug delivery, nanomedicine, lab-on-a-chip systems and biomaterials science. The departmental research is on a regular basis carried out in close collaboration with industry and universities around the world.
The research field of the position is within the field of drug delivery and nanomedicine with emphasis on cell biological applications for mechanistic and therapeutic investigations.
Responsibilities and tasks
If you are a highly motivated and experienced cell biologist looking to use your skills in a challenging multidisciplinary environment then you may be our candidate of choice. As a Senior Researcher:
- A substantial part of your job will be to initiate and set-up in vitro and ex-vivo models to investigate the toxicity, mechanisms of action and therapeutic actions of nano-based drug delivery agents
- You will contribute to further advancing our flow cytometry and imaging facilities
- You will be responsible for driving your own research projects in addition to that of Masters, PhD, Postdocs within the same field.
- You will be expected to document your work in the form of scientific publications
- You thrive on working in an interdisciplinary multicultural environment
As Senior Researcher at DTU Nanotech you are expected to collaborate with fellow colleagues within the Department as well as at other DTU departments. You are expected to develop strong external relations with universities and industry in Denmark and internationally. Furthermore, you are expected to strive for scientific excellence within your field.
- hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc.
We are seeking an ambitious Senior Researcher with a strong background in cell biology and in vitro and ex-vivo assays. The candidate should hold a PhD in cell pathology or cell biology, as well as at least 5 years of hands-on experience in independently setting up and running relevant in vitro and ex-vivo assays at Postdoc or higher level.
Specifically we are seeking a candidate who has expert knowledge in designing, executing and interpreting flow cytometry assays (on cell cultures, tissue cell suspensions and blood), live-cell imaging and immune-biological assays (Complement assays, ELISA, multiplex systems, Western blotting).
The candidate should have solid experience with handling various cellular models. In addition to the strong biological background the candidate should have worked as a Postdoc or a more senior level in an interdisciplinary environment combining nanomedicine/drug delivery with cell biology. Experience within the field of liposomal delivery with focus on immunotherapy is highly desirable.
Proficiency in the English language, both written and oral is required.
The ideal candidate has also co-supervised several PhD and undergraduate students.
In addition we expect that:
- You enjoy working with complex topics
- You are motivated by both personal and team accomplishments
- You thrive on collaboration and teamwork
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Thomas Lars Andresen, tel.: +45 4525 8168.
You can read more about DTU Nanotech on www.nanotech.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 23 February 2018 (Local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Ansøg", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Views regarding research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- Documentation of previous teaching and research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4525 8168