Senior Researcher in Medical Ultrasound Systems and Imaging
A senior research position is available at the Center for Fast Ultrasound Imaging (CFU) at the Department of Electrical Engineering at DTU...
A senior research position is available at the Center for Fast Ultrasound Imaging (CFU) at the Department of Electrical Engineering at DTU. Since CFU was established in 1998 it has educated more than 40 PhDs in advanced ultrasound imaging and has extensive laboratory facilities for ultrasound research. CFU has been a pioneer in developing ultrasound vector flow imaging, synthetic aperture imaging, ultrasound simulation, and advanced research scanners.
The senior researcher shall conduct research within medical ultrasound imaging. The primary responsibility is to develop research imaging systems and implement advanced imaging schemes. These include synthetic aperture, plane wave, and non-linear imaging with contrast agents in combination with 2-D matrix probes and the row-column CMUT probes developed at DTU.
Responsibilities and tasks
The senior researcher will be responsible for developing research systems and maintaining them at CFU. This includes the SARUS research scanner and platforms from BK Medical. You will be the key person in developing new advanced imaging schemes in collaboration with the PhD students and other researchers at CFU for 3-D and super resolution ultrasound imaging.
- You will be the key person in maintaining our laboratory facilities including our research scanners and our established documentation platform
- You are responsible for developing and maintaining Matlab and C software for measuring and processing ultrasound research data
- You will be responsible for maintaining the hardware and software of the SARUS research scanner and for educating other scientific staff in using the scanner
- You will be responsible for participating in laboratory experiments and clinical trials with the PhD students
The research will be conducted in close collaboration with our research partners at DTU Nanotech, DTU Compute, Copenhagen University, Rigshospitalet and companies within the field. This includes developing and measuring on CMUT probes made at DTU Nanotech, conducting clinical trials in collaboration with Rigshospitalet and Copenhagen University, and developing research scanners with BK Medical in Herlev.
Candidates must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc for several years.
We expect and give high priority to the following qualifications:
- Documented experience with developing ultrasound research scanners and using them
- Experience with a broad suite of software for simulating and processing ultrasound signals
- Documented experience with designing programs in Matlab and C for measuring and processing ultrasound signal
- Experience with laboratory measurements on ultrasound probes and real-time ultrasound imaging
- Experience with collaboration in larger research projects
- Experience with training and supervision of students
- A documented track record of publications within the above topics in internationally peer-reviewed journals
- Experience with purchase and maintenance of ultrasound laboratory equipment
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Is able to work independently and take responsibility for progress and quality of projects and documentation of it in a wiki database
- Well established skills to work in a cross disciplinary international team
As a person we value that:
- You are flexible
- You are driven by exploring boundaries
- You enjoy working with complex topics
- You are motivated by both personal and team accomplishments
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Please submit your online application no later than February 2, 2018 (local time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Ansøg", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Views regarding research based on the bullets mentioned under “Assessment”
- Documentation of previous development efforts and research based on bullets mentioned under “Assessment”
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4525 3924