Senior Researcher in Manufacturing and Development of Sustainable and Functional Construction Materials
DTU, Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, the section for Manufacturing Engineering has a vacant position as senior researcher in develo
DTU, Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, the section for Manufacturing Engineering has a vacant position as senior researcher in development and manufacturing of sustainable and functional construction materials. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Excellent candidates with a strong research track record in sustainable and functional construction materials integrated with manufacturing and monitoring techniques are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and qualifications
The Senior Researcher is expected to take a leading role to build up cutting-edge research in the area of sustainable construction at the intersections of material development, material characterization, manufacturing, modelling and monitoring. Furthermore, the senior researcher will supervise a research group including master/PhD students and postdocs. It is also paramount to build strong collaboration across DTU departments, as well as, with international academic institutions and industry. The successful candidate will equally be expected to contribute to develop externally funded research projects and lead own research proposals and projects.
Your primary tasks will be within:
- Development, multi-scale characterization and functionalization of composite construction materials with a major focus on cementitious materials, ceramics, and alternative binders.
- Design and implementation of innovative manufacturing processes (such as big area additive manufacturing and pre-fabrication approaches) for construction and building materials.
- Development of qualitative and quantitative material & structural health assessment techniques.
- Write applications for external research funding and attract such funding
- Collaboration with external partners in both national and international projects
- Deep knowledge of composite construction materials spanning from microstructural behavior to macroscopic response and characteristics.
- Deep knowledge of relevant materials characterization methods for construction materials
- General knowledge of advanced materials processing technologies in the field of big area additive manufacturing with focus on cementitious materials.
- Experience in collaboration with external partners
You must contribute to teaching at the Department. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As a formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as a researcher or postdoc. To be appointed as a senior researcher, you must have completed a didactic/pedagogic education. If you do not have the necessary education, then it is possible to complete this requirement within a period of two years of appointment.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section, Professor Jesper Hattel, tel.: +45 4525 4710.
You can read more about Department Civil and Mechanical Engineering at www.construct.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 12 July 2022 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications indicating scientific highlights, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
DTU Civil and Mechanical Engineering develops and utilizes science and technical knowledge for the benefit of society and the sustainable development. We undertake research, education, innovation, and scientific advice of the highest quality within building design and processes, building construction and safety, building energy and installation, solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, materials technology, manufacturing engineering, engineering design and thermal energy systems.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 13,400 students and 5,800 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.