DTU Wind Energy is a department at the Technical University of Denmark with the overall mission to develop and create value using the natural and technical sciences and focusing on wind energy for the benefit of society. This includes research and education in siting and integration, wind turbine technology, and offshore wind energy as well as scientific advice and testing and other research-based services. The department is an internationally leading center in wind energy and cooperates with industry and institutions worldwide.
Responsibilities and tasks
You will be head of section for wind turbine loads & control (LAC). The section has 16 employees, primarily researchers, Postdoc’s, PhD students and development engineers.
The section focuses on modeling and analysis of loads and dynamics, aero-elastic stability, and control of wind turbines and implements the research through industry cooperation, in software developments and courses. The research includes system engineering with a focus of dynamic modeling of the wind turbine system, analysis and optimization of wind turbine response and loads under real operational conditions for different wind turbine concepts and control options.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Contribute to the strategic development of the section strategy and the department as a whole
- Professional development, coordination and quality assurance of research and innovation activities as well as research applications, offers and plans from the section
- Development of the staff and LAC section competences
- Daily management of the section including resource management (hours, staff) and budgetary control of section activities
- Contribute to the development of educational activities and in the marketing of wind energy courses and activities towards new students
- Ensuring communication and dissemination of section activities to professional and non-professional interest groups
- Keeping up and widening contacts and collaboration with national and international partners from the wind industry and universities
- You hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher
We further expect that you have:
- Several years of professional experience regarding modeling and analysis of loads and dynamics, aeroelastic stability, and control of wind turbines in particular and a successful record of fund raising
- A strong professional and international network and research experience at an international level
- Experience with research and development including promoting and utilizing research results
- Experience with managing research teams and other groups of employees
- Experience with project management, project proposals and fund raising internally and externally
- Initiative and a motivating energy and good communication skills
- Capabilities to manage a staff with different nationalities and working in an environment with many professional areas
- Proficiency in English and Danish - Candidates who do not speak Danish should be willing to learn Danish within the first two-three years in order to be able to teach in Danish.
We appreciate if you have experience with:
- Teaching and PhD-supervision at a university level
- Strategic management and organizational development
- Industrial research and innovation
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department Peter Hauge Madsen, +45 4677 5001 or HR Partner Henrik Stein, +45 2917 0717.
You can read more about DTU Wind Energy on www.vindenergi.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 16 February 2018.
To view the full announcement and to apply use the "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4677 5001