Senior Researcher in Green Fuels
At DTU Civil and Mechanical Engineering, section of Fluid Mechanics, Coastal and Maritime Engineering, we are looking for a Senior researcher in the field of Green Fuels for the maritime industry.
Green fuels have been introduced into the maritime industry in order to fulfil the IMO goals and take the maritime industry toward zero-emissions. However, much research work must still be carried out for marine engines operating with green fuels to operate at a greater efficiency and lower operational cost. Hence, our research area heavily involves numerical modeling of turbulent flow, heat transfer, spray and gas injection, combustion, chemical reactions, and emission formations of green fuels for marine engine applications.
Responsibilities and qualifications
- Develop models, methods, and tools for combustion and engine simulations.
- Supervise PhD and/or MSc students working on combustion related projects.
- Maintain collaboration with other sections/departments (e.g., Thermal Energy Section and DTU Chemical Engineering), external academic partners, and industrial partners.
- Establish new collaboration partners that can benefit students and research projects.
- Document and present results and conclusions to external parties (e.g., industrial partners and external funders).
- Establish R&D projects and apply for funding from national and international sources.
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals, and coach junior researchers or PhD students to do likewise.
- Experience in CFD software (e.g., Star-CCM+ and OpenFOAM).
- Experience in CFD modeling of large marine engines (e.g., scavenging flow, high-speed liquid or gas injection, and combustion process).
- Experience in developing chemical kinetics for combustion applications.
- Experience in coding and scripting using Python/Matlab.
You must contribute to teaching at the Department. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
As a formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as a researcher or postdoc. To be appointed as a senior researcher, you must have completed a didactic/pedagogic education. If you do not have the necessary education, then it is possible to complete this requirement within a period of two years of appointment.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicant’s qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union. Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Jens Honore Walther, tel.: +45 4525 4327.
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 19 May 2022 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications indicating scientific highlights, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.