The main research focus of the group is the relationship between different physicochemical features of food proteins and their capacity to induce either allergy or tolerance with an aim to deepen our understanding on why certain food proteins are more allergenic than others and to develop new and improved preventive, management and treatment strategies.
The research group is dynamic and highly ambitious, with many national and international research and innovation projects in collaboration with both academia and industry.
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious Senior Researcher, experienced within the field of food allergy and with a thorough knowledge in protein-chemistry, to join the Research Group for Food Allergy. The research will focus on experimental allergy involving disciplines from purification, processing and physicochemical characterisation of allergens to animal experiments and immunological analyses. You will work in close collaboration with other researchers and laboratory technicians, and will participate in the daily supervision of student projects.
Responsibilities and tasks
The position involves research, publication, scientific dissemination, advisory work and student supervision. The Senior Researcher will take part in several research and innovation projects, ranging from basic to applied research.
- be responsible for the protein-chemical aspects of our food allergy research, including purification, process-modification and characterization of food proteins
- contribute to further development of the research field in the group and in particular engage in the enhancing our competences
- engage in research, supervision, innovation and advisory activities related food allergy in general and in particular food allergy risk assessment
- engage in fundraising and initiation of new projects and participate in collaboration with both academia and industry, both at a national and international level
- Hold a PhD degree (or equivalent), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as a researcher or postdoc.
- Have a high motivation for research excellence
- Have solid and documented research experience in the field of food allergy
- Have in depth experience with various in silico, electrophoretic, chromatographic and mass spectrometry techniques
- Have some knowledge about animal experiments within food allergy and tolerance
- Have a documented track record in fundraising
- Have international experience and good command of written and spoken English
- Be interested in contributing to teaching at DTU and to develop skills within university didactics, as well as contributing to supervision of student projects
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
Consideration will also be given to:
- Specific experience within the field of food allergy
- Thorough experience in protein-chemistry
- Willingness to teach and educate DTU students
- Innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- The ability to promote and utilize research results
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Research Group Katrine Lindholm Bøgh, tel.: +45 3588 7092.
You can read more about DTU Food on www.food.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 4 November 2020 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullets points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Food (The National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark) works within six technical focus areas: Biotechnology, nutrition, food quality, food safety, food technology and environment & human health. Activities cover a wide range of food products throughout the entire food chain from farm to table, comprising both research activities and research-based consulting and teaching.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,000 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde and Ballerup and in Sisimiut in Greenland.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.