Senior Researcher/Researcher in Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization
A position as Senior Researcher/Researcher in Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization is available at DTU Wind Energy in the section Wind Turbine Structures and Component Design (SAC).
Responsibilities and tasks
Your work will focus on the development, implementation and application of mathematical models and numerical optimization methods for performing structural and multidisciplinary optimization within wind energy. Particular application focus is placed on structural optimization of offshore wind turbine support structures and structural optimization of wind turbine blades. Other applications include wind farm layout optimization. Your work also includes dissemination and implementation of our tools and knowledge in the research community and industry with focus on open and intuitive interaction.
You will participate in national and international research and innovation projects and contribute to the management and generation of new projects. There are also good opportunities for developing innovative ideas in the direction of commercial products.
The research aims at implementation in the industry in both short and long term, and is often performed in collaboration with the industry, as well as other Danish and foreign research institutions.
The position also includes possibilities for teaching in structural and multidisciplinary optimization at MSc and PhD levels.
The Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization team in SAC collaborates with other groups at DTU Wind Energy and other DTU departments on research in structural and multidisciplinary optimization.
Candidates for a
- Researcher position must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Senior Researcher position must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc and document didactic/pedagogic training
Candidates should have a PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Wind Energy, Scientific Computing, or similar.
The position requires the following qualifications:
- Research specialization in structural or multidisciplinary optimization (or both).
- Documented research experience in applications of gradient based optimization and design sensitivity analysis.
- Experience in modelling, implementation, and application of advanced structural and/or multidisciplinary numerical analysis techniques (such as the finite element method).
- Experience in programming languages (e.g. Matlab, Fortran, C/C++, Python, etc.).
- Fluency in communicating, reading and writing English, and ability to work independently and in teams towards research goals.
The successful candidate has the following personal competences
- You are motivated by both personal and team accomplishments.
- You thrive on collaboration and teamwork.
- You have a focus on processes and development as much as on results.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
You can read more about DTU Wind Energy on www.vindenergi.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 23 May 2018 (local time).
To view the full announcement and to apply via the "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder