Senior Researcher in Flow and Combustion in IC Engines
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) covers the area of thermal energy among many other technical disciplines. The candidate shall work in the Thermal Energy Section at the department with the Internal Combustion Engine Group (ICEG). ICEG is active in research and teaching concerning application of traditional and alternative fuels in combustion engines, and has a close collaboration with MAN Diesel & Turbo SE, regarding large two-stroke diesel engines.
Responsibilities and tasks
The candidate shall conduct scientific research in projects together with industrial and academic partners in the fields of combustion, flow and heat transfer, with an emphasis on those related to marine engine applications.
The research should be at international level and should be published in relevant journals and conferences. In addition, it is expected that the candidate enters into close collaboration with industrial partners with the aim of promoting the results of the research into industrial applications.
The candidate is expected to develop the research field and actively participate in development of research projects. Exploitation of possibilities for innovation is expected within the research field.
The candidate shall also participate in the teaching of engineering students at all levels, mainly with focus on supervision of projects in fields related to the research position.
ICEG has a close collaboration with DTU Chemical Engineering and the Section for Fluid Mechanics, Coastal and Maritime Engineering at DTU Mechanical Engineering. It is expected that the candidate has the ability to collaborate with other experts at DTU, particularly within the mentioned societies.
- hold a PhD degree or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc.
- document didactic/pedagogic training
The candidate is expected to have
- experience as a postdoctoral researcher
- a significant level of scientific publications
- experience in collaboration with international and national partners in academia and industry
- experience in managing and coordinating project tasks
- experience in supervising both undergraduate and postgraduate engineering students
- proficiencies in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling in combination with development of reduced chemical mechanisms and numerical models for efficient CFD engine simulations
- proven records in using CFD software such as OpenFOAM, STARCCM+, ANSYS FLUENT and chemical kinetic software such as CHEMKIN is preferred
- an awareness of latest developments in relevant research areas
- self-motivation in scientific research
- ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks
- good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- experience in teaching and education
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Jesper Schramm, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about Department of Mechanical Engineering on www.mek.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 2 June 2017. Apply online via the "Ansøg" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Documentation for participation in teacher training courses
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder