Senior Researcher in Hybrid Optical Quantum Information Processing
The Department of Physics currently has available a position in fundamental and applied quantum optics with focus on the generation of nonclassical states of light for quantum information processing including teleportation, quantum gates and error correction. The work will revolve around the hybridization of technologies associated with discrete and continuous variable quantum optics.
The work will be conducted at the Section for Quantum Physics and Information Technology (QPIT) within the Department of Physics, DTU.
Responsibilities and tasks
The senior researcher will contribute to establishing new research projects in the field of quantum information technology. The main focus of the position should be on hybridizing photonic quantum systems described by discrete and continuous quantum variables. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing research and innovation in quantum technology at the highest international level, conducting high-quality teaching and supervision, and performing new innovation.
The position will involve collaboration with DTU departments through the QuantumDTU network, and with international partners through new EU networks.
You have a PhD degree or equivalent, as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc, and are able to document didactic/pedagogic training.
The successful candidate will preferably have a PhD in physics and must be driven by scientific curiosity as well as being creative and innovative. Candidates are required with documented experience in:
- Quantum optics technology of continuous variables, such as the generation of squeezed and entangled states of light.
- Single photon technology.
- Characterzing quantum states of light with manifestly nonclassical properties.
- Collaborating with theoretical quantum optical groups.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly in both oral and written English.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authoritiesexperience in
- teaching and education
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Ulrik Lund Andersen, tel.: +45 4525 3306, e-mail: email@example.com.
You can read more about DTU Physics on www.fysik.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 17 January 2017. Apply online via the "Ansøg" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Ansøg" fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD - an official translation into English)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and Researcher-ID (see e.g. www.researcherid.com)
- Documentation for participation in teacher training courses
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder