Senior Researcher in Video Communication Technology for Drones
DTU Fotonik invites applications for a position as Senior Researcher within The Coding and Visual Communication Group at DTU Fotonik.
The Coding & Visual Communication Group conducts research in the areas of communication technology, image and video coding and error-correcting coding. In the area of Visual Communication the group is involved in two drone research projects, incl. the IFD DronEl project.
Responsibilities and tasks
The candidate shall conduct research within video communication of RGB and IR (SWIR and LWIR) video and image data to be captured and processed on a drone and communicated to the ground. The position also involves processing on-ground of the data captured by the drone. The position will involve close collaboration with the academic and industrial partners of the DronEl project.
As a senior researcher at DTU Fotonik you are expected to collaborate with other research groups at the Department. You are expected to supervise PhD students and undergraduate students, e.g. in relation to the projects you are involved with. You are expected to be able to attract external funding from national and international sources in support of your research activities.
Dissemination of research activities as part of teaching and to the general public is part of the position.
- hold a PhD degree or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc.
- Research experience in video communication technology covering three or more of the elements in the video signal path: video capture, processing, coding, communication and display
- Research experience in the area of drone image and video
- Research experience in video coding and/or quality assessment
- Experience with industrial research collaboration
- Research experience beyond the PhD degree
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union. The position is available from August 1, 2017.
Workplace: DTU Lyngby Campus
Further information may be obtained from Head of Group, Prof. Søren Forchhammer, tel.: +45 4525 3622, email@example.com.
You can read more about DTU Fotonik on www.fotonik.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than May 4, 2017. Apply online via the "Ansøg" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder