Senior Researcher in Industry 4.0 with focus on Additive Manufacturing
DTU Mechanical Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as Senior Researcher in Industry 4.0 with focus on Additive Manufacturing.
DTU Mechanical Engineering is contributing to research, innovation and teaching within the following areas: Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics and Coastal and Maritime Engineering, Engineering Design and Product Development, Materials and Surface Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Thermal Energy.
The Senior Researcher will be attached to the Manufacturing Engineering Section.
Responsibilities and tasks
The position includes research, research-based education and innovation in the topics of Industry 4.0 with special emphasis on additive manufacturing.
Additive manufacturing and Industry 4.0 is a focus area of the department and at DTU as a whole, and the candidate is expected to take a leading role in the further development of the field both at department and university level.
Specific tasks include
- Further strengthening the collaboration between sections at the department, with other departments at DTU as well as with external partners in academia and industry within the field of Industry 4.0 and additive manufacturing.
- Driving the innovation in additive manufacturing in close collaboration with industrial partners
- Establishment of experimental facilities at both department and DTU level
- Running research and development projects in additive manufacturing as well as being actively involved in teaching and project supervision within the field.
- Taking actively part in securing of external funding to the field via research and development project applications as well as more direct industrial collaboration.
The candidate is moreover expected to be actively involved in project management tasks in relation to large projects (national as well as EU) in additive manufacturing at the department.
- Hold an MSc and a PhD degree (or equivalent) within mechanical engineering as well as have qualifications similar to those of a researcher or assistant professor.
- Have a strong background in Industry 4.0 and additive manufacturing in general - including deep knowledge of the most common processes in polymers, metals, etc.
- Have substantial experience in designing and constructing 3D printers for research and development purposes.
- Have good knowledge of the cross disciplinary field of sensor technology, 3D printing and digitalization of the production.
- Have good experience in running as well as managing research projects together with external collaboration partners.
- Show a good track record of successful applications for external funding of research and development projects within additive manufacturing.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- experience in teaching and education
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
- the ability to attract external funding for research projects
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section, Professor Jesper Hattel, tel.: +45 4525 4710.
You can read more about Department of Mechanical Engineering on www.mek.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than June 26th 2017. Apply online via the "Ansøg" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Documentation for participation in teacher training courses
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder