Senior R&D Engineer for Engine Control
Do you think the green transition is important? Do you want to put your skills to use and make a real difference? Do you want to become a world leading expert and develop sustainable engine control solutions for the world´s largest 2-stroke engines? Then we have the right job for you!
At MAN Energy Solutions we turn cutting-edge technology into solutions that play a vital role in decarbonizing the world. We are the global market leader of energy efficient and fuel flexible large marine engine systems. And we aim at engineering systems for deep decarbonization in the sectors that matter the most. This requires new knowledge and skill and we are looking for a new talented colleague with interests in control systems to join us on our journey.
Assignments waiting for me
As R&D Engineer you will join the “Emission Engine Control System” department as part of the “Automation & Control” function. The “Automation & Control” function is responsible for delivering the control system application software, which controls the largest 2-stroke engines of the world. The function holds around 40 highly motivated engineers, divided into smaller departments. You will become a part of a SCRUM team, which main focus is the development of the control system in regards to supporting the emission reduction of the 2-stroke engines of the future. You will take part in developing, implementing and testing control systems, monitoring systems and automation solutions for the electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems on a 2-stroke engine. The products of the team are concentrated on reducing NOx and support the road to a carbon neutral combustion.
Based on research and good understanding of engine technologies and ship propulsion systems, we are designing the control strategies for the engines in cooperation with other development departments. The solutions are implemented in the C++ programming language. The software is installed on our distributed engine control system located close to the engine using our MAN-ES hardware platform. We test our software using PC, our hardware-in-the-loop test facilities, our test engines in Copenhagen and at production engines abroad.
Your primary tasks will be to utilize the potential of the engine to develop the best possible automation and control system solution, including:
- System analysis and modelling of dynamical systems
- Developing and designing methods to control electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Implementing, programming and testing new functionality in the control system
- Improving, bug finding and maintaining existing functionality in the control system
- Assisting our service organization, customers and business partners for example in connection with commissioning and troubleshooting in service
- Specifying control system interfaces to internal and external partners
Our engines are built on license typically in Japan, China and South Korea and installed in ships ranging from ferries to the world largest container ships and supertankers. You will from time to time have travel activity in connection with tests, which cannot be completed on our test engine or test facilities in Copenhagen. In your daily work, you will have contact with our colleagues and customers worldwide, primarily in written support and assistance.
We imagine that you:
- Hold a degree in automation, mechanical or electrical engineering, with a particular interest in automation and control of dynamical systems
- Have at least 10 years of experience with and interest in programming – C++ or another object oriented language
- Have at least 10 years of experience from a similar position
Furthermore, you will fit well into the department if:
- You are team-oriented and have outstanding self-leading skills
- You have an eye for possible improvements and is willing to speak up
- You are willing to try out new processes
- You can bring your experience – both technical and soft skills – into play and be a role model
Who is my new team?
We are working in SCRUM teams of 6-10 developers, following agile principles. It is a requirement that our systems and software applications are designed and implemented with focus on quality, reliability, on-time delivery, lifespan, and user friendliness.
We are a relatively young team with good unity, where the daily life is characterized by an informal atmosphere and a pleasant social work environment, and regular social activities. You will work in close cooperation with skilled and motivated colleagues who are passionate about their job and are looking forward to learn from you – and of course also share their knowledge.
Join us towards a carbon-neutral future
We offer you a chance to help shape the world of tomorrow – whether you’re just starting out, taking your first career step after graduation or looking for the next big career challenge.
At MAN Energy Solutions, we focus on diversity and equality to create a creative and inclusive culture. We believe that a diverse workforce, with a mix of gender, nationalities, and perspectives, drives innovation, creativity, and productivity. We are committed to our employees’ well-being, and you will have the opportunity to join different social activities clubs from yoga and fishing clubs to creative clubs.
We prioritize work life balance with possibilities for flexible working hours, home office, and mental well-being for example health insurance and focus on work atmosphere. Here you have opportunities for growth, development and mentorship.
At MAN Energy Solutions you can create, drive, build, and be a part of improving innovative energy solutions while achieving your personal career goals.
About MAN Energy Solutions
- 250 years of experience in advanced engineering
- We deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe.
- We work on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
- We have over 15,000 employees worldwide. In Denmark, we are 2,200 passionate employees with more than 40 nationalities.
Build your own future:
Send your application to us no later than Sunday the 25th of June 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Department Manager Maria Noppenau by phone on +45 26 40 97 11. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
We encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.