(Senior) Python Developer
Imagine a future where you’re part of the transition towards digital energy trading for the world’s most sustainable company, helping to deploy models and algorithms in the market
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key contributor in developing robust and efficient trading support tools, furthering a journey towards digital trading and automation. You’ll develop prediction models, trading algorithms, and decision support solutions and deploy them on scalable infrastructure. You’ll be part of a team of quantitative analysts and interface with traders, analysts, developers, product owners, and management to ensure the best quality of our products.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Short Term Trading Optimisation where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver high-quality analytical solutions to support decision-making in short-term trading. In Power Portfolio, we’re the route to market for the energy produced or consumed by our customers’ assets. We have a 24/7 trading set-up responsible for maximising revenue for internal and external counterparts. Short-Term Trading Optimisation (STTO) is the analytical engine of Power Portfolio, and we work on several products, including prediction models, trading strategies, and performance tracking tools.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that our Python applications are of high quality from a software development standpoint
- increasing the quality of the code we write and of the way we deploy our solutions to production
- liaising with different stakeholders, including in our IT organisation, to make sure STTO tools are compliant with internal standards
- helping the team to continue the journey towards full automation of our solutions, keeping a strong focus on monitoring and performance
- developing the front-end platform where our tools are displayed and used.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have good software development knowledge and experience within Python, possibly including front-end and web development packages
- have worked with CI-CD in cloud-based environments, e.g. using ADO pipelines and Kubernetes for deployment and automated testing
- are a team player and enjoy a relaxed and informal work environment
- are interested in data science and forecasting and are curious to learn about their applications within energy
- are a good communicator and are able to manage stakeholders to effectively deliver solutions and navigate in a large organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 30 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Edoardo Simioni, Head of Short Term Trading Optimisation, by telephone on +45 99 55 64 55 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.