Senior Protection Engineer for substations for offshore wind farms
Would you like to help us ensure quality, efficiency and continuous development within wind power by building grid connections for offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Senior Protection Engineer in the Transformers & HV Components, Protection department where you’ll be responsible for planning, designing and purchasing electrical equipment for onshore and offshore substations for wind farms. You’ll join our team of skilled specialists working with the protection of the transmission system in our projects. The 11 engineers in the Protection team, together with the Onshore and Offshore HV Components teams, make up the Transformers & HV Components department.
Your key tasks will be to
- take technical leadership in developing efficient protection systems for our existing global assets and for unexplored markets for our offshore wind activities
- explore opportunities for optimising and standardising our protection systems to assure high uptime and reductions in the cost of electricity
- be responsible for the protection system design and prepare excellent technical specifications for the procurement of supplier contracts
- work closely and collaborate with our suppliers of protection systems to optimise sourcing and delivery
- apply your technical project management skills to drive development projects together with a diverse set of stakeholders, internally and externally.
You’ll assist with protection selectivity coordination and perform current and voltage transformer sizing. You’ll also assist in signal and alarm list development for SCADA. Furthermore, as part of the Protection team, you’ll be providing protection system knowledge and coordination across our various technical domains. This includes wind turbines and the complete transmission system all the way to the connection points of the various power grid owners.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering or similar and are interested in working with electrical infrastructure for wind farms
- have acquired professional skills for protection system design and development based on extensive and relevant experience and education
- have sound knowledge and experience of writing technical specifications and tender documents and conducting technical negotiations with bidders and contractors
- can follow the Group’s Protection System Standard Design and simultaneously be innovative in respect of improvements
- speak and write English fluently and are able to communicate and collaborate with different types of people from different cultures
- can manage your time and prioritise your tasks and activities.
Furthermore, you’re familiar with relay configuration and communication tools from various suppliers. You also have experience utilising technical and system software programs, and you’re familiar with the international standards IEC, IEEE and ANSI. Moreover, you have experience with electronic document handling systems. It’s also an advantage if you have experience with offshore wind farms.
You have personal impact and drive combined with an analytical and responsible approach to your work. Additionally, you enjoy negotiating the best possible technical solution and are happy to share your experiences with your department. Working in a large wind power company requires good cooperation skills and a flexible mindset, as the nature of the work will vary a lot.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 31 December 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Katrine Heilmann, Manager of Transformers & HV Components, Protection team, by telephone on +45 9955 7830 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, and possibly also for longer periods.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.