We are seeking a Senior Project Manager (PM) to further strengthen our project management team.
The Senior PM will manage the future complex projects within a booming industry and support the Head of Projects as well as SBO’s other PMs in delivering the expanding pipeline to our clients. The Senior PM will be responsible for preparation and execution of internal and external projects and in-project workflow execution and optimisation.
The main day-to-day duties will include:
- Manage complex projects, including identifying, initiating, planning and executing projects
- Manage teams from “one-man teams” up to 10 full-time and part-time project members
- Ensure project requirements, timelines and budgets are met in accordance with scope of work
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Management, Technical Department, Engineering Department, Sales Department, Vessel Crew, Clients and Suppliers)
- Manage minor and major ad hoc tasks and projects
- Support Head of Projects and senior management in the development of the project management procedures and optimization of business development and strategy
SBO is currently making the transition from marine services provider to deliverer of more complex construction projects all over the world. Therefore, this role provides an exciting opportunity to shape a small, but dynamically growing project management department during a new phase of development including international expansion. Moreover, as the wind turbines are growing, and sites are getting more complex SBO’s two industry-leading jack-ups will require optimisation to remain at the forefront of the sector. Thus, the Senior PM will have the exciting opportunity to manage and support technical developments and be part of an international expansion.
The position is Copenhagen-based and is a tremendous opportunity for a Project Manager interested in furthering a career in the offshore wind sector in a growing company.
As SBO is scaling up to deliver more complex services, an experienced Senior Project Manager with more than 10 years offshore wind, oil and gas or marine construction experience is preferred. The successful candidate will be structured and disciplined, with an innovative approach towards project execution.
The preferred profile would include:
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering, Business or equivalent degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience within Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas or Heavy-Lift preferred, ideally including offshore / seagoing experience or within offshore project execution and subcontractor management
- Strong focus on HSE in project planning and execution
- A natural capability for bridging issues between departments, and ability to prioritise by importance, risk and commercial impact
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and negotiate commercial and technical matters effectively to audiences at all levels
- English fluency, both written and spoken
Swire Blue Ocean
Swire Blue Ocean (SBO) is a leading provider of turbine and foundation installation services to the offshore wind industry. The company has developed a successful reputation, having delivered installation services on over twenty wind farms in Europe to clients such as Ørsted (Dong Energy), Vattenfall and Siemens Gamesa RE. SBO’s two jack-up vessels, Pacific Orca and Pacific Osprey are some of the most sophisticated in their field and well positioned to install next generation turbines. SBO is now entering a new and exciting phase of development with a strategy to take on more complex scopes within the offshore wind farm development. This will require the hiring of skilled and specialist personnel from both technical and project execution perspectives. SBO’s ultimate parent company, Swire Pacific Ltd, has been in operation for over 200 years and employs over 130,000 people worldwide. The Swire Group is committed to long-term investment and considers the growth of the offshore wind industry to be an excellent prospect for development within its marine services portfolio.
Ulf Gjendal, Head of Projects. Office: +45 3246 3100.
Job Descriptions will be sent upon identification of suitable candidates.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.