Senior Project Manager - Energy from Waste & Carbon Capture
Do you have 15 years of engineering and project management experience within the thermal energy sector? Are you keen on further developing your project management competences on large-scale and international projects?
We invite you to join us at Ramboll to be part of our Energy from waste & Carbon Capture team, where we strive to deliver excellent projects to our clients worldwide.
Inviting bright minds
Would you like to develop professionally in an international, open-minded, collegial and supportive, and working atmosphere? Our goal is to create a sustainable future with exciting projects and to set new standards with our innovative approaches. Become part of a global company that has grown successfully since it was founded in 1945 to now 16,500 employees worldwide. Together, we develop sustainable solutions for societies, companies, and people worldwide.
Join our Energy from Waste & Carbon Capture team
Our Energy from Waste & Carbon Capture team is recognized as the leading international consultant in this field of business. We provide consulting engineering and design services out of offices in Copenhagen, Harwell, Zurich, Singapore and Perth. We represent a truly international and dynamic environment and undertake projects worldwide. We deliver projects within energy recovery from waste (combustion and other thermal treatment technologies), generation of biogas, waste sorting and resource recovery, carbon capture etc.
As our new senior project manager, you will be part of our team in Copenhagen (Ørestad office) with project managers and technical experts. Your will participate in large complex projects where new fx. energy from waste facilities are being established, as well as in small-scale projects where you will manage optimisations and revamping of existing facilities.
The position will offer you the opportunity to apply and further develop your project management skills as well as your technical insight on international projects and together with colleagues in Denmark and abroad. Furthermore, you will join our competence team for project management which is a key forum for knowledge exchange and sharing of best practice.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- To manage large and complex international projects, including managing of Ramboll’s consultancy work and the team, design and engineering management, elaboration of tender documents, tender evaluation and contracting as well as management of contractors, design reviews and supervision during fabrication, erection and commissioning.
- To deliver project management in line with international standards. Activities include planning, organising, and controlling resources/processes to achieve project or programme objectives within scope, time, quality, and budget constraints. Effective project management also includes the ability to minimize project risks, maximize project opportunity and deal effectively with project uncertainty.
- To proactively contribute to the work in our competence team for project management, including knowledge sharing, collection of lessons learnt and development of best practices and tools.
- To increase your technical knowledge and insight through projects as well as participation in relevant technical competence teams activities.
Grow with us
At Ramboll, we support you in your personal and professional development right from the start. In order to get started with us, you should meet the following requirements:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or PhD in engineering (thermal energy, process or mechanical)
- 15 years of professional working experience from the thermal energy sector, both with engineering and project management tasks. Experience within energy from waste is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Customer-oriented and are characterized by a self-reliant, reliable and structured way of working.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written and an ability to communicate effectively with various level of management within the company and with potential clients, suppliers, subcontractors and partners.
- Excellent spoken and written English. Good Danish/Swedish/Norwegian and German language skills would be an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Intercultural competence and international experience.
- Interested in travelling to meetings and projects in Denmark and abroad.
Welcome to our Energy Division
Ramboll is the leading engineering, design and consultancy company and has 16,500 experts working across 35 countries applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. Our Energy from Waste & Carbon Capture division is part of Ramboll Energy. Ramboll Energy is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online via the "Apply" link. Please upload a cover letter, your CV and all relevant documents and let us know your earliest possible starting date. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.