Senior Project Manager for the development of leading-edge technology
Would you like to drive global cross-functional projects to develop ground-breaking technology that help people with hearing challenges rediscover hearing? Then this is your chance to do exactly that in close collaboration with extremely competent technical experts and world-leading technology partners.
Making life sound better
At GN Resound, part of GN Hearing, we are known for great sound quality, design and technology excellence. At our HQ in Ballerup, Denmark, you will enter the Research & Technology organization as part of Hardware Platforms.
Here, you will join the Project Management team of 6 – a dynamic team responsible for managing the initial development phase of new technology for hearing aids and accessories that can transform lives through the power of sound and whose goal is to develop best-in-class hearing solutions.
Drive innovative technology development projects
As our new senior project manager, you drive cross-functional projects to develop brand-new technology for our hearing aids and accessories. Responsible for 1-3 projects at a time, you will oversee the projects from initial idea to proof of concept and occasionally to final launch. Our projects vary a lot in size and duration, lasting from 1-3 years with 5-20 employees involved.
Your portfolio will include leading IC development projects from specification to prototypes and production releases. You will also run projects with external partners that are global technological front runners within their field.
Specifically, you will:
- Establish the global project organization incl. experts from Hardware, Software, Marketing, Production, Procurement, external partners, etc., primarily situated in Denmark, USA and China
- Be responsible for planning and driving projects – incl. ensuring regulatory FDA and MDR compliance, managing the assigned resources and ensuring that project targets are met
- Recommend if a project should move forward to product development or be terminated
- Ensure a high level of ambition and innovation through your motivating leadership
- Over time, help optimize the processes for technology development projects and establish best practice
You can expect approx. 5-10 days of global travel a year to assess whether the developed concepts are ready for production.
Engaging people to inspire innovation
In Research and Technology, we enjoy a collaborating development environment where ideas and knowledge are shared. Therefore, you work closely together with your project manager colleagues to ensure that newly developed technology is thoroughly utilized across projects.
“Our aspirations to raise the bar for future technology is high. That’s why we make sure to listen to our end users – as well as each other – to transform the technology we have today into the solutions of tomorrow. To do so, you will play a key role in facilitating constructive teamwork to mature the best ideas,” says VP, Hardware Platforms, Thomas Olsgaard.
Experienced senior project manager with a technical background
As a senior project manager, you know how to manage a complex stakeholder network of both technical experts and commercial profiles while facilitating motivation and innovative thinking within your team. Also, your interpersonal skills and ability to follow through makes you a trusted partner to your colleagues.
Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Have solid project management experience – if you also have a project management certification, it is an advantage
- Have a technical degree, e.g. as an engineer, and you have technical knowledge of electronics, mechanics and/or software design
- Have experience with technology and product development, preferably within the medical device industry
- Have documented experience with leading IC development projects
- Have experience with managing suppliers and external development partners
- Speak and write English fluently
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘APPLY’ link no later than June 27th 2021. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact VP, Hardware Platforms, Thomas Olsgaard on +45 3076 2842.
GN’s remuneration package does, among other things, consist of a competitive fixed salary, a pension scheme, a targeted bonus, and a health insurance. Further, the Employee shall be entitled to 5 extra company paid holidays after 9 months of employment.