Senior Project Manager
Do you have profound project management skills, and are you passionate about making sustainable energy competitive, taking us to the next level of offshore wind on a global scale?
Senior Project Manager - delivering tomorrow’s wind turbine packages
Join us and become Senior Project Manager in Wind Turbines Project Management where you’ll play an important role in leading and managing the WTG package as part of an EPC asset project.
The core of our contribution during project execution is alternating uncertainty to certainty while making necessary trade-offs - to deliver on expectations.
We’re delivering world-class project management to our EPC projects where we’re responsible for the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) scope, including logistics and WTG-related auxiliaries for our offshore wind farms.
We work according to a strong project matrix organisation, and project management is based on the PMI project management structure and terminology.
Your key tasks will be to
- handle the scope, mainly the turbine supply agreement, installation contract and related interfaces for hardware including related services
- be responsible for time, cost and quality and ensure due diligence on emerging risks
- participate in business risk control (opportunities and large impact threats), both in own scope and across the entire asset lifecycle/EPC value chain
- manage a project team of 10-25 people, including technical managers, contract managers, experts, engineers, client representatives and inspectors
- motivate and drive team performance and develop project team members, being a role model according to our five guiding principles: integrity, passion, team, results, safety.
Furthermore, you’ll provide recommendations to management in relation to specific technical and commercial issues and risks based on input from relevant experts. You ensure clear communication in the project and towards external stakeholders and extract lessons learned from daily work - to support driving business process efficiency.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree as well as a strong track record demonstrating extensive project management experience with large infrastructure projects, preferably including extensive experience with FIDIC and BIMCO contracts
- possess a strong, broad technical background combined with a legal and commercial understanding and have experience with turbine supply agreements or similar as well as experience with quality management and risk management
- you understand people and have experience leading multi-cultural teams - preferably across continents
- have strong communication skills and can engage with stakeholders at all levels
- are self-driven and have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing project development and execution environment and excel in change management processes.
Moreover, you understand that your area of responsibility is one component of many others leading up to a successful result. You assure continuous maximisation of the overall end result by frequent interaction with key stakeholders.
You should expect travelling and be able to undertake an expatriation assignment if needed in relation to your work.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse working environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to be part of our global journey - and support shaping the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Carsten Baun Høst, Director, on telephone +45 9955 6765, if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.