Senior Project Manager, Bridges Scandinavia, Lyngby, Denmark
Since 1939, COWI has pushed the boundaries of bridge, tunnel and marine design through our involvement in some of the world's largest, most iconic and complex projects.
With a full set of excellent competencies within bridge, tunnelling and marine design, combined with local presence and experience, our dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world - no matter how large or small. We manage our projects from offices located in Scandinavia, UK, Germany, Middle East, SE Asia, India and North America, and promote a collaborative mind-set, work internationally and engage with our colleagues, clients and stakeholders across the globe.
We are recognized as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager with significant bridge design and management experience and who is fluent in either Danish, Swedish or Norwegian to join our Bridges Scandinavia business unit, leading teams on complex and technically challenging projects, based from our head office in Lyngby, Denmark
We are seeking a technically strong, commercially aware Senior Project Manager to take the technical lead on bridge schemes throughout Scandinavia. You have the ability to effectively lead a project team, make decisions, assume responsibility and communicate effectively at all levels whilst controlling projects from initial enquiry through to completion with the ability to visualise the bigger picture, think and act quickly and effectively.
Requirements: knowledge, skills and experience required:
- You will hold either a Bachelors Degree, Chartered Status or a PE in civil engineering
- You have strong proven design experience (+10 years) within bridge design that may include viaducts for highways, rail and metro, complex interchanges and concrete arch bridges
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in at least one Scandinavian language (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish)
- You must have proven experience of leading project teams on bridge projects
- You will possess demonstrable experience of working within the design sector for either a consulting engineer or contractor
- You will have proven project management and client relationship building skills, will be able to lead bids and tenders and oversee the commercial and contractual elements of a project
- You are comfortable setting the scene and taking leadership
- You are ready to travel
As Senior Project Manager, you will report to the head of your section and you will have the technical and commercial responsibility for projects assigned to you including bids and tenders, client liaison and commercial / contractual control. You will manage and direct a project team, will be responsible for the full execution of the projects and for ensuring that the projects are delivered on time, to the client's satisfaction and within the budget constraints. You will act as the leader for all elements of the projects assigned to you, giving advice to the client and their representatives whilst also leading and managing the project and the design team.
The role will offer you significant opportunities to work on some of the sectors high profile and technically challenging projects around the world.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Leading and mentoring a project team of engineers, BIM modellers/drafters and support staff
- Team building, mentoring and development for the project team members
- Business development and leading proposals for new work
- Preparation of contract documents, contract management and risk management
- Overseeing / producing the project plan, ensuring compliance to COWI’s ISO certified quality system.
- Develop and implement design best practices in areas of expertise
- Responsible for accurate forecasting, resource allocation, scheduling, and budgeting for assigned project(s)
- Partnering with clients, ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to client requirements
Remuneration & Benefits:
COWI is an equal opportunities employer and we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work and we have designed a benefits package that will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with a bonus scheme and a range of flexible employee benefits that you would expect from a leading regional employer.
Further we offer continued technical and personal development through participation in our formalized internal technical networks, relevant project management training through the COWI Academy and conference participation.
How to Apply:
Applying could not be easier, please click the "Ansøg" link and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder