Senior Project lead
Imagine a future where you play a key role in an enthusiastic and committed offshore cable installation team managing the construction of our offshore wind farm projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for engineering, tendering, and managing the installation of export and/or array cables from the early design phase through tendering, contract signing, and on to the final execution of the project.
Welcome to Offshore Cable Installation
You’ll be part of the Offshore Cable Installation department which is part of Construction under EPC delivering installation of wind farms globally. The department is made up of skilled and dedicated people providing project management competences and technical cable installation specialist competences during all stages of the projects. Typical scopes of work for you to manage from onshore locations include cable installation, cable burial, cable protection system installation, rock placement, crossing installation, intertidal works, and jointing operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing and supporting the tendering strategy to achieve contract awards for the installation scopes
- supporting the project with a strong focus on safety, quality, contracts, and budget
- managing and coordinating key offshore cable installation activities
- reviewing and optimising contractor installation procedures prior to and during installation
- identifying and managing risks and developing best practice by means of continual improvement
- engaging with internal and external stakeholders, developing trust and cooperation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with subsea cable installation construction projects in a key role in the project, for example as installation manager, installation engineer, or project engineer
- possess strong proven stakeholder management skills and project management competences
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international and diverse environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 30 September 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Tony Livingstone, Manager in Offshore Cable Installation, by telephone on +44 789 66 99 7 33 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do a significant amount of travelling in relation to your work, mostly between Ørsted offices and contractor locations.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.