We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer, with a structured approach towards engineering combined with a deep understanding of risk, HSE and commercial stakes. The senior project engineer (SPE) will deliver offshore installation preparation and engineering support to offshore wind foundation and WTG installation projects. The SPE will be responsible for project preparation, pre-installation engineering, mobilisation, safe and proper installation of upgrades or project specific modifications, subcontractor management and in-project workflow execution and optimisation. The SPE will be working on one to two dedicated projects in direct collaboration with the project manager(s).
The main day-to-day duties will include:
- Project & tender engineering specification & planning (deliverables, budget, …)
- Ensure project requirements, timelines and budgets are met in accordance with scope of work
- Specify and source engineering studies related to offshore installation with jack-up vessels
- Project preparation, feasibility studies, pre-design, stability and risk analysis
- Define and review load plans, lifting drawings, and deck layouts from tenders to project execution
- Define and review mobilization and installation procedures
- Ensure scopes are managed correctly in accordance with Class, statutory requirements, relevant legislations as well as guidelines and instructions from parent company, Swire Pacific Offshore.
- Specify and source project specific equipment for offshore wind foundations and turbines installation
- Advise on selection of manufacturer and define work scope for custom engineered offshore projects, including steel or other fabrication requirements
- Participate in project meetings, client meetings, and execution on site
- Support R&D studies for vessel uprates and develop associated budgets and risk analysis
- Support and advise on standardization of internal methods and processes
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Project Department, Sales Department, Vessel Crew, Clients and Suppliers)
Swire Blue Ocean (SBO) is currently securing offshore wind T&I construction projects, growing in scope of work and competencies. Therefore, this role provides an exciting opportunity to shape a small, but dynamically growing engineering department during a phase of growth. Moreover, as wind turbines are growing well beyond 12MW, Swire Blue Ocean is investing into its two industry-leading jack-ups to further optimise and remain at the forefront of the offshore wind installation sector. Thus, the Senior Project Engineer will have the exciting opportunity to advise and propose technical solutions in upgrade and new-built forums as well as develop the engineering department competences and processes.
The position is Copenhagen-based and is a tremendous opportunity in furthering a career in the offshore wind sector in a growing company.
As SBO is scaling up to deliver more complex services, an experienced Project Engineer is required. The successful candidate will be structured and disciplined, with an innovative approach towards project execution.
The preferred profile would include:
- A BSc or MSc in Naval Architecture, Offshore Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 7 years of experience within Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas or Heavy-Lift preferred
- Ideally including Offshore Installation / Mobilization experience or within offshore project execution.
- Technical reporting experience and drafting knowledge (AutoCAD, Inventor and 3D modelling)
- Experience in standardization and continuous improvement processes
- Strong problem solving capabilities with pro-active approach to challenges
- A natural capability for bridging issues between departments, and ability to understand and prioritise risk and commercial impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate technical matters effectively to audiences at all levels
- A strong network within the industry is a plus
- English fluency, both written and spoken.
Swire Blue Ocean
Swire Blue Ocean is a leading provider of offshore turbine and foundation installation services to the offshore wind industry. The company has developed a successful reputation, having delivered installation services on over twenty wind farms in Europe to clients such as Dong, Vattenfall and Siemens. SBO’s two jack-up vessels, Pacific Orca and Pacific Osprey are some of the most sophisticated in their field with built-in margin for higher capabilities, therefore well positioned to install next generation turbines.
SBO is now entering a new and exciting phase of development with a strategy to take on the full transport and installation (T&I) scopes. This will require the hiring of skilled and specialist personnel from both technical and project execution perspectives. SBO’s ultimate parent company, Swire Pacific Ltd, has been in operation for over 200 years and employs over 130,000 people worldwide. The Swire Group is committed to long-term investment and considers the growth of the offshore wind industry to be an excellent prospect for development within its marine services portfolio.
Applicants will be evaluated on an ongoing basis and the vacancy will be filled asap
For further information please contact:
Head of project Engineering
+45 5273 1281
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.