For our Cross-Platform Support Team in the Offshore Procurement Cost and Value Engineering department (CVE) we are looking for a System Cost and Value Engineer. CVE is a cross-functional and cross-business setup, that applies state-of-the-art expertise, methods, tools and trainings to increase competitiveness of our Offshore products in terms of customer value and related costs. The intelligent combination of several CVE methods and the early involvement of suppliers the Cost and Value Engineers create cost transparency and provide guidance on cost optimization and value creation.
What are my responsibilities?
- Identification of saving potentials in your key technical field (electrical and/or hydraulics) through should cost analyzes and support for implementing the potentials e.g. in supplier negotiations
- Independent planning and carrying out of value-/ cost analysis projects
- Identification of cost drivers per system, commodity and region
- Support of supplier development by identification and evaluating of supplier manufacturing costs plus highlighting optimization potential mainly in the field of electricals and/or hydraulics)
- Determining of bottom-up costs / target costs as basis for target setting per commodity
- Support R&D in the concept phase by transparent cost information based on different design solutions, material types, manufacturing processes for realizing competitive and cost optimized solutions for our customers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an Engineering degree or you have gained technical equivalent experience for example by working extensively with manufacturing processes, as a quality engineer or component price calculator
- You have advanced knowledge in manufacturing processes; calculations and/or evaluation of processes
- You have already worked in cross-functional and/or international teams
- You have used a cost analysis/calculation tool in the past (would be a plus – but not necessary)
- You are willing to travel (ca. 10%) to suppliers, trainings etc.
- You are fluent in the English language
- You have advanced knowledge of MS Office
- You are motivated, self-driven, confided, a team player, result and quality orientated
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Maximilian Meissner via phone: +49 17219 74013 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.