You will also collaborate with a broad number of professions from production staff, Global Engineering, EHS, Quality and R&D. People skills combined with professionalism and the ability to communicate with various professions are your keys to succeed.
What would your role look like?
As Senior Process Engineer, you will be one of our driving forces within Recovery and Purification. You will be a true pioneer within the HMO production at Chr. Hansen and one of the first engineers on the Kalundborg Site. In the coming years, you will be involved in designing and building the new Site in Kalundborg.
In the project phase you will set your mark by:
- Participate in basic and detail design together with Global Engineering and in close collaboration with external engineering consultants
- Define the URS for the new equipment in Recovery and Purification
- Together with QA you set the level for qualifications and validations
- As member of the Process Management Group you will be responsible for the product transfer from our Site in Germany to the new Site in Kalundborg.
When the Site is up running, you'll make an impact by:
- Having the process and product responsibility including daily supervision, problem solving and optimization to meet business targets for quality, delivery, economy and regulatory requirements
- Optimizing our capabilities, capacity and performance through improvement activities including identification and execution of technology projects
- Taking part in developing and implementing long-term strategies for the process Management Group
- Reaching out to internal and external partners and work with them and get inspiration to ensure we remain a center of excellence for HMO production in Chr. Hansen
Who are we looking for?
We seek a process engineer who can use scientific knowledge to solve every day large-scale production challenges and drive optimization opportunities. We are used to a dynamic work environment where the ability to quickly shift focus from a single assignment to e.g. the overview of an entire recovery and purification line is required.
You hold a MSc in Chemical-, Biochemical- or Biotech engineering, Food Science and Technology or similar and at least 7+ years of industrial experience, preferably with recovery and purification processes.
To be successful in the role, you:
- Have experience within preparation of URS within the biotechnology industry
- Have a high degree of personal drive and the ability to overcome unforeseen barriers and create results
- Are a quick learner and able to communicate complex problems to colleagues and stakeholders with different insights in recovery and purification technology and processes
- Have a technical interest and be capable of optimizing process conditions in a complex operational set-up
- Have excellent English skills, written as well as spoken
What we offer you?
We offer you a great opportunity to be part of our new HMO family in Chr. Hansen and build and start up the HMO Site in Kalundborg together with ambitious and passionate colleagues. You will be one of the key players in one of Chr. Hansen’s largest strategy projects.
If you need more information
If you have any questions, please contact Sidsel Kristensen, Director at +45-30770323. Deadline for application is August 13th, 2021.
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here: https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/career
About Chr. Hansen and HMO
Chr. Hansen is the world’s most sustainable food ingredients company and uniquely positioned to drive positive change through our microbial solutions, which touch the lives of more than 1 billion people every day. Over more than 145 years, we have worked to enable sustainable agriculture, cleaner labels and healthier living for more people around the world.
Chr. Hansen HMO is one of our strongly growing business units, with a production site and R&D center located near Bonn, Germany and a new production site being built in Kalundborg, Denmark. Our dedicated scientists are pioneers in this innovative field - constantly working on innovative processes, production optimization, new areas of application and discovering new health benefits for HMOs.
The Chr. Hansen site in Kalundborg is part of a world-Class Biotech Center for Biomanufacturing and Process Industry.
The city of Kalundborg accommodates one of Sealand's largest concentrations of industries outside of Copenhagen with some of Denmark's largest energy and process companies.
Kalundborg is growing an innovative and groundbreaking biotech center for development of advanced biotech production, education and start-ups like the world famous Kalundborg Symbiosis, which is not only an example of future energy efficient and sustainable production, but also a very special circular economy thinking.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.