Senior Power System Engineer with reliability and availability focus
Imagine a future where you contribute to the development of power system solutions for large-scale offshore wind farms and other converter-based generation
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the development of our reliability and availability assessment processes and in-house database/tools, while using them for analyses of existing and new technologies to ensure valid business case input for our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of the Power System Solutions team, consisting of a diverse and highly specialised team of power system engineers, where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our wind farms are integrated into transmission grids globally. The department is key to the strategy of expanding and ensuring integration of our large-scale offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assessing and calculating system reliability and availability performance of existing and new integrated design solutions to support business case calculations related to our transmission assets
- participating in the overall electrical power system design and analysis of wind farms while conducting the above mentioned
- benchmarking and validating technologies and components within reliability and availability scope for grid integration and system performance, including engagement in product development and O&M
- developing and updating the internal electrical system reliability database (MTBF & MTTR) and availability assessment process that feeds into business cases, enabling its continuous estimation
- engaging with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that our availability assessment process and database are maintained, coordinated, and updated according to state-of-the-art information.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering within the field of power systems as well as experience with modelling of reliability and availability
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis, using simulation tools such as DIgSILENT PowerFactory – programming experience, such as in Python, would be considered an advantage
- thrive in an international environment and are excellent at creating good relationships with your stakeholders
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment while maintaining a proactive, result-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner and to present results in a professional way
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 June 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ana Odile Gadea Capiscol, Team Lead, on +4599558229 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.