Senior Power System Engineer managing grid connections (m/f/d)
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure a solid design of electrical transmission systems
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for the electrical design of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure a solid design of electrical transmission systems and manage the grid connection process of our offshore wind farms together with bright and passionate colleagues.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of a power system designs team where you, together with your colleagues, will play a key role in optimising our wind farm designs while pushing the boundaries of what’s technically possible. The department is very diverse and comprises more than 40 highly skilled engineers working across six countries to ensure electrical integration of our future offshore wind farms into an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the design of electrical transmission system for an offshore wind farm from the onshore substation to each wind turbine generator
- managing the interface to the TSO to ensure a successful grid connection
- planning the design and power system studies to meet grid code and showcase grid compliance
- keeping track of risks and problems and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- performing power system studies on the wind farm, if needed, such as power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride-through, stability, and harmonic studies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a completed degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with managing electrical system design and analysis as well as with conducting power system studies using simulation tools like PowerFactory and PSCAD
- have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable in a fast-changing environment, while maintaining a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application in English to us no later than 06 June 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sune Beck Grønskov, Manager, on +4599554921 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.