Senior Power System Engineer to lead technical supplier engagement
Imagine a future where you lead key technical supplier interaction to ensure successful electrical system integration of some of the biggest offshore wind farms globally
Join us in this role where you’ll be a power system expert who leads the electrical system design of our windfarms and sees that the power system performance and grid code compliance considerations are carried through into Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) equipment specifications and contracts.
Welcome to Electrical System Design and Grid Integration
You’ll be part of Power Systems Management where you, together with your colleagues, will join a growing and diverse global team engaged in offshore wind projects across the UK, Europe, the US, and Asia Pacific. The role offers significant opportunities for individual growth and development, incl. within technical, commercial, and project areas. We foster a highly collaborative, trusting, and engaged team environment where we share openly and solve challenges together.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the specification of electrical system integration requirements
- participating in tender evaluation and negotiations in a larger team, e.g., for wind turbines, STATCOMs, and HVDC systems
- leading power system study scoping, planning, and interfaces, and the power system design team within the project
- being at the centre of key decisions about the design and integration of the wind farm’s electrical infrastructure end-to-end to develop optimal and compliant energy system designs
- communicating clearly with internal and external stakeholders regarding electrical system design planning, challenges, risks, decisions, and outlook
- evaluating technical issues, developing solution options, reviewing technical documentation, and conducting power system studies where needed.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold prior experience drafting and specifying technical requirements, conducting tender evaluation, and negotiating with OEMs, e.g., for wind turbines or other converter-based equipment: PV, HVDC, etc.
- possess a solid technical background in electric power systems fundamentals, e.g., power system performance, design, analysis, and/or modelling, with a relevant educational degree
- have a strong grasp of the business impact of the electrical system design, such as opportunities and risks to project CAPEX, revenue, and schedule, communicating these clearly and strategically in English
- are comfortable having many things on the go, dealing with a range of stakeholders, and keeping on top of a busy, dynamic, and varied work environment
- have a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Louis Di Somma, Head of Power Systems Management, on (Denmark +45) 99557366, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via the "Apply" link and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.