Imagine a future where you help to develop power system solutions for large-scale offshore wind farms and other converter-based generations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the development of new and existing solutions to address the power quality and harmonics related to large converter-based systems, helping to meet the future requirements for our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of the Power System Solutions team consisting of a diverse and highly specialised team of power system engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our wind farms are integrated into transmission grids across the world. The department is key to the strategy of expanding and ensuring integration of our large-scale offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- investigating new and existing solutions within power quality and harmonics, as well as the integration of large converter-based systems in relation to grid connection and system performance
- performing power system studies on manufacturer-provided models and on the overall wind farm, to validate system performance of different solutions
- supporting projects with harmonic studies, mitigation solutions e.g., passive and active filtering, and filter design, to ensure grid code compliance
- defining and developing standardised methodologies boundary conditions, enabling the continuous evaluation of power system performance within the area of harmonic analysis and harmonics mitigation
- benchmarking and validating new technologies, simulation models, and specifications, in relation to grid integration and power system performance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, within the field of power systems
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools, such as DIg SILENT PowerFactory and PSCAD, as well as programming experience in Python
- have knowledge of advanced power system studies related to harmonics propagation and mitigation, harmonic filter design, harmonic stability, etc.
- understand power system control, stability, and operation aspects within renewable generation
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner, and can speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For DK, please don’t hesitate to contact Ana Odile Gadea Capiscol, Team Lead, on +4599558229 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Malaysia, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.