Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the improvements and developments of solutions to address the power system stability challenges linked to large converter-based systems and thereby meet the future requirements for our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of our Power System Solutions team consisting of a diverse and highly specialised team of power system engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our wind farms are integrated successfully into transmission grids globally. The department is key to the strategy of ensuring integration of our large-scale offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the development of standardised methods and the definition of technical requirements enabling the continuous evaluation of power system performance
- investigating and developing solutions within system stability and time-domain studies for the integration of large converter-based systems
- benchmarking and validating new technologies, simulation models and specifications, regarding stability assessment and other time-domain, transient analyses techniques
- performing power system studies on manufacturer provided models and on overall wind farm systems, to validate the system performance of different solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree in electrical engineering within the field of power systems
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools such as DIgSILEN,T PowerFactory, and PSCAD, and programming experience in Python
- have knowledge within advanced system studies related to stability, transients, etc. and understand power system control
- have a self-driven, result oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ana Odile Gadea Capiscol, Team Lead, on +4599558229, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.