Senior Power System Engineer with a focus on power system performance of new technologies
You’ll be part of the Power System Solutions team consisting of a diverse and highly specialised team of power system engineers and where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our wind farms are being integrated into transmission grids globally.
Imagine a future where you’re developing our power system solutions for large-scale offshore wind farms and other converter-based generations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the development of new solutions and assess the steady state and transient power system performance of existing and new converter-based technologies, such as wind turbines, batteries, and HVDC systems, to meet the future requirements for our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of the Power System Solutions team consisting of a diverse and highly specialised team of power system engineers and where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our wind farms are being integrated into transmission grids globally. The department is key to the strategy of expanding and ensuring integration of our large-scale offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- investigating and analysing new technologies and features in relation to grid connection and overall electrical power system performance, engaging in product development and R&D projects
- performing power system studies on manufacturer provided models and the overall wind farm, including dynamic and transient analysis, stability studies, and harmonic studies
- benchmarking and validating new technologies, simulation models, and specifications, such as wind turbines or other converter-based components related to grid integration and power system performance
- participating in Technical Risk Assessment and technology qualification of the above mentioned, focusing on risks and opportunities to support grid code and power system performance
- defining and developing standardised methodology frameworks and boundary conditions, enabling the continuous evaluation of model development and system performance across technologies and suppliers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering within the field of power systems
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools such as DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSCAD, and PSS/E and programming experience, such as in Python
- have knowledge within advanced power system studies related to stability, harmonics, transients, etc.
- understand power system control, stability, and operation aspects with renewable generation, having experience within wind turbines or converter design is an advantage
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, result-oriented, and systematic approach to you work tasks
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 June 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ana Odile Gadea Capiscol, Team Lead, on +4599558229 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.