Senior Power System Engineer
Join us in this role where you’ll be a power systems expert focussed on developing the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms around the globe.
Imagine a future where you conduct the electrical design of some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll be a power systems expert focussed on developing the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms around the globe. The Electrical System Design & Grid Integration department plays a key role in optimising our wind farm designs, while pushing the boundaries of what’s technically possible.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of a power system designs team where you, together with your colleagues, will design the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farm pipeline and support a successful grid connection with grid code compliance. The department is very diverse and comprises more than three dozen engineers working in six countries to ensure electrical integration of our offshore wind farms into an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and developing concepts for the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- performing power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride-through, stability, and harmonic studies
- participating in relevant project meetings and cooperating with other team members on shared issues
- keeping track of risks and problems and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at minimum a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSS/E, and PSCAD
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, while maintaining a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Louis Di Somma, Manager, on +4599557366 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.