Senior Power System Engineer
Imagine a future where you conduct the electrical design of some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll be a power system expert focused on developing the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms within the US. The Electrical System Design and Grid Integration department plays a key role in optimising our wind farm designs while pushing the boundaries of what is technically possible.
Welcome to Electrical System Design and Grid Integration
You’ll be part of Grid Connections (US Projects) where you, together with your colleagues, will design the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farm pipeline and support a successful grid connection with grid code compliance. The department is very diverse and comprises more than three dozen engineers working in six countries to ensure electrical integration of our offshore wind farms into an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and developing concepts for the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- performing power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability and harmonic studies
- participating in relevant project meetings and cooperating with other team members on shared issues
- keeping track of risks and problems and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- developing top-notch documentation of technical solutions and analyses.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at minimum a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSS/E, and PSCAD
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, result oriented and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 22 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Di Somma, Manager, Grid Connections New Markets II, +45 99 55 73 66 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.