Would you like to conduct the electrical design of some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry?
Join us and become Senior Power System Engineer in Electrical System Design and Grid Integration where you’ll be responsible for designing the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms and ensuring grid code compliance. The department comprises more than two dozen engineers working in five countries to ensure electrical integration of our offshore wind farms into an increasing number of markets across the globe.
Your key tasks will be to
- design and develop concepts for the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- participate in relevant project meetings and cooperate with other team members on shared issues
- keep track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- perform power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride-through, stability and harmonic studies
Additionally, you’ll handle other aspects in connection with the projects, e.g. optimisation and cost-benefit analyses, support of decision processes, work planning to meet critical milestones, procurement support and, not least, documentation of technical solutions and analyses.
Your competences include that you
- have at least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSS/E and PSCAD
- are flexible, adaptive and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, result-oriented and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
As a person, you have excellent communication skills enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner. Finally, you enjoy working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 8 March 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Di Somma, Team Lead of Grid Connections (US), by telephone on +45 9955 7366 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder