Senior Overhead Line Specialist
Do you want to be part of developing Denmark's future high-voltage electricity transmission network, where extensive investments over the next many
Do you want to be part of developing Denmark's future high-voltage electricity transmission network, where extensive investments over the next many years are required for the green transition?
We are looking for a Senior Overhead Line Specialist, to join us on our journey!
As our new Senior Overhead Line Specialist, you will be part of a highly skilled and dedicated team of cable and overhead line power system engineers delivering overhead line solutions on the HV transmission network in Denmark (132kV- 400 kV).
You will be part of an organisation, where flexibility and work-life balance are high on the agenda, and you will be offered IT equipment for a good home office setup, for you to vary in the best possible way between being at our office in Fredericia/Ballerup, Denmark or at home.
A job with impact on the green transition
You will join a team that consists of 28 specialists. All 28 specialists are divided on to one of our four specialist teams: Overhead lines, Cables, Onshore Installation and Offshore installation. The team has the technical expertise within Energinet and the technical responsibility in the execution of cable and overhead line projects.
The re-investments and new establishments in Denmark on transmission level are extremely complex as the technical solutions are project specific due to existing overhead line configuration, nearby live circuits, and outage planning.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- deliver overhead line related support to Project Managers for our large-scale projects. Both in planning and execution phase
- contribute to route planning and placement of towers and make simulation of overhead solutions
- specifying and purchasing overhead line equipment (towers, conductors, and accessories etc.)
- arrange and perform FAT (Factory acceptance test) on factories around the world
- writing technical requirements and/or standards for overhead line systems, including accessories
- contact to National and International Contractors in preparations, execution, and test purposes
- take responsibility in the future design of the overhead line infrastructure in Denmark and tower designs
- preferably strong skills within the overhead line simulation program PLS-CADD
To succeed in this job, it is important that you have extensive knowledge within HV overhead line systems with the ability to make project specific decisions based on an analytic background check, simulations in PLS CADD and finally a practical understanding of installation on site.
In addition, your personal skills reflect:
- both electrical and mechanical understanding for clearance, load calculations and assessment
- understanding of maps, coordinates, LiDAR and GIS systems in general
- knowledge to international standards and recommendations for overhead lines
- knowledge of electrical and magnetics field and challenges related to these
On a personal level, you have an analytical and systematic approach to your tasks. You work independently and you are thriving taking part in several projects and tasks simultaneously. You are team-oriented and cooperative with the abilities to share knowledge.
This job is a unique chance of defining the future standards of overhead line transmission system in Denmark and potentially participate in international Cigré working groups sharing your extensive knowledge within the over headline Industry.
Application and contact details
Please send your application with a CV and other relevant appendices, via the link 'Apply', no later than the 17th of September 2023. Interviews are expected to be conducted in week 38 (1st interview online) and week 39 (2nd interview in Fredericia, Denmark). If you have any questions about the job, please feel free to contact Senior Manager, Dianna Høgh +45 6124 4389. You can read more about our company at www.energinet.dk.
We see diversity as a strength and encourage all qualified people, regardless of background, to apply for the job. We work actively and determinedly with diversity in Energinet and therefore encourage you to exclude information about age, marital status, etc. to minimise outage biases in the process. You can read more about our diversity policy here.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder