Senior Numerical Specialist
Imagine a future where you contribute to ensuring that state-of-the-art numerical models and tools drive the creation of offshore wind farms and enable a green transformation
Join us in this role where you, together with the team, will drive the design and implementation of mathematical models and software systems used by domain experts and engineers across our company to design the next generation logistics, layout, and power-to-X solutions. You’ll be part of a highly specialised and dynamic team of 18 software-oriented mathematicians and physicists.
Welcome to Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of Modelling Solutions, Optimization & Acoustics where you, together with your colleagues, will be working closely with domain specialists and IT. We’re driven by delivering state-of-the-art mathematical models to push the current limits of the processes and models used for driving the transformation into a renewable energy landscape. Our main responsibility is to ensure robust and reliable tools through good software development practices, such as version control and systematic testing, and expert knowledge within a large range of mathematical disciplines.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining in-house modelling software to enable the company mission
- scoping in-house modelling and/or machine learning tools
- identifying opportunities within the business where machine learning and mathematical modelling can be used to improve the current processes
- creating and maintaining university collaborations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or PhD in the natural sciences or a related field, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, etc.
- have good experience with modelling, statistical methods, and machine learning
- are analytically strong with a commercial mindset and can communicate complex matters in an intuitive way
- are proficient in one or more compiled and/or interpreted languages (we primarily use Python or .NET for desktop and web applications)
- don’t necessarily check all the points above but are proactive and a quick learner – then we’d also very much like to hear from you.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Gabriele Bedon, Head of Modelling Solutions, on +31655110220 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that this is a fixed-term position with a duration time of 12 months.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder