Would you like to strengthen our numerical capabilities and expertise within numerical optimisation, helping us move forward as a pioneer in making offshore wind a sustainable energy source?
Join us and become Numerical Specialist or Senior Numerical Specialist in our cross-functional Numerical Competence Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will work alongside the domain specialists to design and implement software systems ranging from function-level systems to team-level workflow scripting. Furthermore, we help ensure the quality of our engineering tools by facilitating the implementation of good software engineering practices and thus reduce the costs of energy and operational risks.
We offer a unique work environment with other best-in-class mathematical modelling specialists in an informal atmosphere. You’ll have the chance to transform your scientific knowledge into measurable business value.
Your key tasks will be to
- participate in scoping in-house optimisation solutions
- develop in-house optimisation software to enable the strategy
- look out for opportunities to improve the business by using optimisation
- act as a point of contact for optimisation knowledge within the business
- be involved in delivering large software and modelling-related projects and to mature our processes in relation to the development of numerical tools.
You’ll furthermore ensure the streamlining of data formats and tools building throughout the Offshore organisation.
Your competences include that you
- hold a PhD or master’s degree in the natural sciences or a related field, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, operations research, etc.
- have extensive experience with numerical software programming
- have expert knowledge of modelling and optimisation, enabling you to assist in a variety of tasks in clear alignment with the overall strategy
- preferably have a strong knowledge of computer science as well as experience with design of (optimisation) algorithms
- preferably have a proven track record within operations analysis and discrete mathematics.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 March 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Skov Gretlund, Head of Numerical Competence Centre, by telephone on +45 9955 8130 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in Denmark and Northern Europe in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder