Senior Metocean & Load Engineer
Imagine a future where your technical competences will make a tangible impact on the future sustainable energy system, and where your personal development will accelerate in a highly competent and purposeful environment
Join us in this role where you’ll deliver metocean assessments and load and response calculations for the design of offshore support structures. Your expertise and holistic understanding are key to efficient project decisions and guidance. You’ll work on projects in regions prone to typhoons, tsunamis, earthquakes, ice loading, and many other challenging conditions. You’ll be working in the forefront of the industry applying and developing state-of-the-art technology, so be prepared to form the future of offshore wind.
Welcome to Metocean & Loads
You’ll be part of Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver metocean and load/response expertise to design the support structures of the future offshore wind farms across the globe. You’ll join a strong group of 35 experts in the Metocean & Loads department in which responsibilities also include development of our in-house hydro-aero-servo-elastic load simulation tool, WTG maturity evaluation and modelling as well as load measurement analyses and verification.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning, scoping, and coordinating our technical deliverables towards a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- scoping, procuring, and analysing metocean conditions to establish a site-specific design basis and to support business stakeholders with metocean expertise
- preparing and performing load and load effect calculations as part of an iterative support structure design process
- cooperating closely with structural designers, geotechnical engineers, wind turbine manufacturers, O&M, WTG, and many other internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or PhD in engineering
- have a thorough understanding of and great experience in applying metocean conditions, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, aero-elasticity, stochastic processes, and/or statistics
- can convert customer needs and complex problems into manageable tasks
- take ownership of your tasks, are action-oriented, and have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- are curious to understand the underlying reasoning and quick to learn from our technical and commercial experts
- are able to navigate and cooperate in a complex matrix organisation with many stakeholders – it’s therefore essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mads Bredsgaard Randers, TeamLead, on +4599554782 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.