Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for metocean assessment and load calculations for the design and reassessment of offshore support structures.
Welcome to Metocean & Loads
You’ll be part of the Metocean Assessment and Structural Loads team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for metocean assessment and load calculations for the design and reassessment of offshore support structures. You’ll join a group of 35 experts in the Metocean & Loads department which is also responsible for our in-house aero-elastic load simulation tool, WTG models, load measurement analyses, and load verification. We offer a unique opportunity to work with industry leaders within metocean assessment, load calculations, and essentially all aspects of foundation design.
You’ll play an important role in:
- scoping, procuring, and analysing metocean conditions to establish a site-specific design basis
- preparing and performing load calculations as part of the support structure design process
- planning and coordinating our project deliverables towards a variety of stakeholders
- cooperating closely with structural designers, geotechnical engineers, wind turbine manufacturers, O&M, WTG, and many other internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a PhD or master’s degree in engineering
- have a thorough understanding of and great experience in applying metocean conditions, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, aero-elasticity, stochastic processes, and/or statistics
- are curious and fast in learning from our wide range of technical and commercial experts
- are action-oriented and have a pragmatic approach to problem solving as well as having the ability to convert customer needs and complex problems into manageable tasks
- are able to navigate and cooperate in a complex matrix organisation with many stakeholders – it’s therefore essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 6 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Mads Bredsgaard Randers, Team Lead, Metocean Assessment and Structural Loads, by telephone on +45 99 55 47 82 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.