Would you like to contribute to a team that is dedicated to delivering excellence while prioritizing well-being?
As a leading international consulting and R&D company, we offer a specialized, highly dynamic, and flexible working environment within a team of world leading experts in metocean modelling and analyses. Our primary focus is supporting the offshore wind sector, along with various other marine infrastructure markets.
Endorsed by our success and the market growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic, structured, and ambitious Senior Metocean Engineer and Project Manager to join DHI’s Offshore Wind Global Business Unit within Metocean.
As a Senior Metocean Engineer and Project Manager, you'll be undertaking (and/or managing) advanced modelling, analysis and reporting of meteorological, oceanographic and climatology processes to support the design and operation of marine activities and projects worldwide, in particular the offshore wind industry. You will be exposed to both advisory and development/research projects. In addition, you will be responsible for managing projects, mentoring, and training staff globally.
Our main services include assessment of offshore wind site conditions, design basis development for offshore wind, wave conditions inside ports, as well as general metocean analysis for other offshore infrastructure projects such as energy islands etc. Corner stones of our solutions are our portfolio of state-of-the-art numerical models, digital data platforms and analysis expertise.
- Produce metocean design basis for offshore wind farms.
- Specifying, scoping, planning, organizing, and executing offshore and nearshore metocean condition projects.
- Carry out advanced statistical analyses.
- Contribute to development of new technologies, methods, and tools for metocean studies.
- Contribute to R&D programs.
- Quality assurance and supervision of staff.
- Managing projects and writing unique technical proposals and reports.
- Contribute to the positive team environment.
- MSc or PhD in Marine/Coastal/Offshore Engineering, Meteorology, Oceanography, or related fields.
- About 6-10 years of relevant work experience. Experience in performing technical metocean projects is a requirement.
- Have a good understanding of Metocean processes, modelling techniques and measurements.
- Experienced with the application of numerical modelling tools for waves and hydrodynamics such as MIKE powered by DHI software.
- Ample experience in statistical analyses such as extreme value analysis, joint probabilities etc.
- Excellent programming skills in MATLAB and/or Python.
- Knowledgeable with the design standards such as IEC, DNV, etc.
- Ability to deliver and present technical information and data in a clear and precise manner to our clients.
- Be well organized and able to keep track of multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English.
Skills and experience within the following additional fields will be valued:
- Experience within the offshore wind sector.
- Marketing and sales of technical solutions within offshore wind and/or metocean disciplines.
To work at DHI means being part of an organisation that is the global leader in solving the world’s toughest challenges in water environment. We constantly strive for and offer you:
- Super-interesting, some of the most technically challenging, and diverse range of tasks.
- Fun-loving, informal, trustworthy, and truly international team environment.
- A flexible workplace.
- Competitive salary.
- Several options for personal development.
- Opportunities for innovation.
Above all, well-being of colleagues lies at the core of our philosophy.
Hørsholm, Denmark - 20 km north of Copenhagen.
How to apply
- Please submit your application including CV via the relevant job posting on DHI’s website: http://www.dhigroup.com/careers
- Deadline for application is 20 September 2023.
- Applications will be evaluated as they are submitted.
- Expected start date is as soon as possible.
- For further information please contact the hiring manager Ameya Sathe, Team Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at +45 30 90 40 82.
DHI are the first people you should call when you have a tough challenge to solve in a water environment – be it a river, a reservoir, an ocean, a coastline, within a city or a factory.
Our knowledge of water environments is second-to-none. It represents 50 years of dedicated research and real-life experience from more than 140 countries. We strive to make this knowledge globally accessible to clients and partners by channelling it through our local teams and unique software.
Our world is water. So whether you need to save water, share it fairly, improve its quality, quantify its impact or manage its flow, we can help. Our knowledge, combined with our team's expertise and the power of our technology, holds the key to unlocking the right solution.
For more information please visit www.dhigroup.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder