Senior Mechanical Specialist
Imagine a future where you're a key player in projects, adjusting, developing, and decommissioning oil and gas assets to fit future expectations and the green transition.
Join us in this role where you’ll be a mechanical generalist in projects with great variety, from large EPC-projects where we modify and decommission oil and gas assets, to green transitional projects within Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) and decarbonisation projects. You'll be the mechanical focal point in our projects and, together with the project team, make sure we go successfully through all phases in projects from idea to hand-over. You’ll make sure we make a robust project plan, prepare the tender material within the mechanical discipline, and liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
Welcome to Infrastructure Assets
You’ll be part of our Project Management Office team where you, together with your colleagues, will work in the full life cycle of projects governed by our project model. You'll be part of multi-engineering project teams supported by external consultants and normally be part of one to three projects at a time or can have a few individual mechanical tasks, aside from the projects. The first projects that you’ll be part of are projects where we decommission assets situated next to life systems and investigate repurposing our assets to CCS making the concept studies. As a team, we collaborate, share knowledge, and focus on maintaining a trust-based culture that makes the best platform for a great learning environment and good performance.
You’ll play an important role in:
- using your technical skills to make sure that our onshore and offshore assets will be designed, modified, and decommissioned to ensure safe and efficient transportation of oil, gas, and liquids
- taking the lead within your discipline in all project phases together with your project team to define and reach the scope, time, and cost expectations within the mechanical discipline
- driving the project deliveries, knowing the mechanical requirements and design specifications and being able to define and describe them in EPC tender material and supervise the contractors accordingly
- liaising with external stakeholders, e.g., getting operators to take over from the projects to align within your discipline and contractors to define, formulate, supervise, and quality assure deliveries.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold an engineering degree within the mechanical discipline
- have experience with EPC contractors; both preparing the technical input in tender process and supervising and liaising with contractors in all phases of the project
- have great experience with Oil & Gas or similar, and have experience with ATEX areas and a strong focus on safety
- have knowledge about mechanical requirements and specifications, plant layout, and design, and can convert it to technical descriptions for tender material and concept studies
- value collaborating across your team and have a flexibility on the task’s portfolio
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to report and present progress and results in an international environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 February 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Gitte McCluskey Nielskov, Head of Asset Support, on (Denmark +45) 99555385 on Mondays to Wednesdays between 15:00-16:00 CET; Central European Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.