Senior Mechanical Specialist for technical risk assessment of wind turbines
Do you want to help us optimise our wind turbine technology and create a world that runs entirely on green energy?
Join us and become our new Senior Mechanical Specialist in WTG Technical where you’ll be responsible for modelling and doing technical assessment of wind turbines. Our department is responsible for all mechanical and electrical parts and structures of the wind turbine, including drivetrain, nacelle and tower. We support the business throughout the value chain, from qualification of wind turbine suppliers over wind farm construction and on to operations. Our main work is managing technical risks in wind farm projects, which we do by setting technical requirements, analysing risks and identifying risk barriers and other technical improvements.
Your key tasks will be to
- take part in maintaining technical requirements for new wind turbines in alignment with internal stakeholders
- work with data collection, analysis and modelling of component life-time estimation to support operation and maintenance decisions as well as technical risk management in general
- evaluate the technical maturity of new or upgraded wind turbines by identifying, assessing and managing technical risks
- feed technical risk assessments to wind farm execution projects and support these in managing risks during fabrication, test and installation.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or other similar technical background with substantial relevant experience
- have solid experience with technical risk assessment of complex mechanical systems, preferably wind turbines
- have a knack for working with data analysis and modelling
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently, thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with stakeholders.
In addition, you have a solid technical-mechanical understanding with cross-functional experience covering several mechanical areas (e.g. structures and loads, drivetrains, hydraulic systems, cooling systems or cranes). You’re experienced with the way of translating technical observations into concrete project risk descriptions and with how to mitigate these risks. You have a natural understanding of important matters when negotiating technical risks and solutions with suppliers.
As a person, you’re self-managed, can prioritise well and have good communication skills. This allows you to drive efforts and achieve good results in a complex organisation with many stakeholders. You’re open-minded and find motivation in working with others. You feel accountable for your work and deliver as promised.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 26 December 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Wittrock, Manager of WTG Technical, by telephone on +45 9955 7860 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.