Do you want to be part of developing the future of green energy solutions for onshore wind power?
We are defining the future technology for onshore geared wind turbines, and it gives us a unique opportunity to be part of setting new standards and contributing to the innovation required to continue our leading position within the market.
Within Onshore Technology Development, you will be part of the Mechanical Systems Centre of Competence. Our responsibility is to monitor and develop new technologies and mature potential solutions for future implementation in our product platforms.
You will be part of a dynamic team, where independence and influence are key factors for your scope of work and where you are expected to take on an expert role within your area of expertise.
The work is carried out in a multi-cultural environment, together with colleagues in Spain, Germany, US and India, as well as suppliers and contractors all-over the world.
What are my responsibilities?
- Concept development and choice of technology based technical feasibility and cost performance
- Mature technologies to a level where they are ready to implement in product platforms
- Define and carry out component and system tests and evaluations
- Researching new technologies, marked trends and knowledge sharing
- Mechanical components and structures within nacelle and hub
- Defining design tools, procedures and guidelines
- Stakeholder management including cooperating with suppliers and project members
- Project management and reporting on your own tasks
Additional Job Description
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering with minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably from the wind turbine or offshore industry
- Expert knowledge in some or more of the following areas:
- Component design, particularly in casted parts and fiberglass parts
- Expertise within nacelle or hub architecture
- Actuation systems: pitch system, yaw system
- Mechanism design and calculation or multibody physics analysis
- Hydraulic design capabilities would also be an advantage
- 3D CAD experience, preferably in NX, is beneficial
- You are innovative and work in a structured, methodical and organised fashion
- Your approach to task solving is both technically sound and commercially viable
- You are proactive, and possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- You are supportive and have a helpful and service minded approach
- You strive in a cross-functional, international setting and understand team dynamics
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Kim Fredriksen via phone +45 29 49 32 15
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.