Senior Mechanical Development Engineer
Would you like the great combo of being part of a close-knit, professional team while working in cross-functional product development projects? Join us to help develop products that make life sound better to people around the world.
A diverse and well-established team
You will be part of our Mechanical Development team where we develop all the physical parts of the hearing aids and accessories to hearing aids in product development projects. Together, we are 18 colleagues – all development engineers with different skill sets and seniority. While we all work on different projects, which typically last between 2-3 years, we all sit together which creates a strong professional community.
“We really appreciate being each other’s professional sounding boards and enjoy that close-knit atmosphere. I also focus on ensuring a diverse department – to put the right people and skills together and get that dynamic interaction that we all enjoy,” says Tais Brüniche-Olsen, Senior Manager, Mechanical Development.
Use your mechanical expertise in development projects
As our new senior mechanical development engineer, you will be assigned to a cross-functional product development project with many contacts to other R&D functions and be part of it from requirements and concepts until the product is in production. Thus, you will be an important part of the project already from the concept phase and have a key role in defining the requirements for the mechanical design – and thereby, have significant influence on the final product. Specifically, you will:
- Develop advanced mechanical designs with a substantial number of wide-ranging requirements regarding user interfaces, assembly processes, reliability, etc.
- Ensure compliance with our internal quality management system and applicable medical device standards
- Design, build and evaluate physical prototypes
- Perform development test and verification of mechanical designs
- Document mechanical design and verification tests according to medical device standards
“In our organization, we focus on getting the finished products to market. That means you will quickly get to see the results of your work. And we are very open to you making suggestions on how we can work even smarter,” says Tais.
Several years of experience with R&D within product development
We are looking for a new colleague who is a true team player and an efficient networker to excel in both your nearest team as well as in the project teams. Structure, planning and coordination are just some of your strong points, and you always maintain a focus on the end user. Once COVID-19 is over, we also hope you might want to travel up to 20 days a year, primarily to China, as part of your job. And of course, we make sure you will have a proper work-life balance.
Furthermore, we imagine that you have:
- A degree in mechanical engineering or similar and several years of R&D experience within product development in cross-functional project teams
- Experience designing injection molded plastic parts – and rubber and metal parts
- Experience with design control, design reviews and development of medical devices though this is not a prerequisite
- Experience designing mechanical parts in 3D CAD – preferably PTC Creo
- Solid communication skills in English – knowledge of other languages is an advantage
“We are actually looking for a candidate with the potential to advance to lead engineer which would entail managing and leading 2-5 engineers in the mechanical development in a project from specification to project closure,” finishes Tais.
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘APPLY’ link no later than 15 January 2021. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Tais Brüniche-Olsen on +45 26 135 270.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.