Do you have solid experience with mechanical engineering, and would you like to work in cross-cultural teams to develop great designs for state-of-the-art audio technologies?
Join our Mechanics Department
At GN, we make life sound better, and through our » Jabra brand, we are leading major technology shifts with intelligent audio solutions. Joining our Mechanics Department in Ballerup, you will become part of a global team consisting of 40 colleagues who collaborate with colleagues across the organization to create new products.
Translate user requirements into mechanical design
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will make new mechanical product concepts. You will be involved in the process from idea generation to product development. Doing so, you will work closely with R&D partners, industrial designers and product management, and ensure that the concepts can be manufactured and fulfill all the requirements and targets. You will be responsible for activities such as mechanical stack-up, component design, risk assessment, design reviews and prototyping/testing. You will also be part of technology studies securing continuous product innovation.
Collaboration is key
Throughout the design process, you work with a wide range of stakeholders, including internal customers and colleagues, suppliers, and manufacturing partners. All of them will have their requirements on the mechanical concept.
“The challenging part will be to reach the right compromise between design details, cutting-edge technology and user-friendly products, all within agreed deadlines,” explains Mechanical Director, Mats Larsson.
Experienced engineer who enjoys cross-cultural team work
- You hold a B.Sc. or a M.Sc. in mechanical or design engineering.
- Ideally you have 7+ years of experience within design of plastic parts for medical or electronic consumer devices.
- You have high experience working in cross functional teams including ID/HW/Audio.
- You are a highly experienced 3D CAD user, we use PTC Creo.
- You have experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- You can present and communicate ideas and concepts both verbally and visually, e.g. by free hand sketching.
- You speak and write English fluently.
- You are ready to travel 15-20 days per year to collaborate with colleagues and business partners primarily in China
As a person, you are open minded and ambitious, have a strong mindset to take on ownership and responsibility. You master the balance between abstract high-level focus, high attention to details and explorative processes. You have the ability of seeing a problem from more than one side, and you are not afraid of killing your darlings. Moreover, you enjoy working with people from different cultures, sharing findings at all levels and establishing common ground.
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than 28. November 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Mechanical Director Mats Larsson on +45 4575 9239.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.