Senior Materials Scientist
Do you want to work in an international company with a dynamic team, where your role will be an important driver to our company’s success? We are looking for a Senior Materials Scientist to play an important role in the continuous development and implementation of new materials recipes.
At Faerch, our goal is to become the key player in the circular economy for food packaging and sustainability is integrated into every aspect of our business. We set ambitious goals and incorporate sustainability into our entire value chain. We are looking for an experienced Materials Scientist who will have a significant role in supporting us on this mission.
You will be part of Group Product Development & Compliance reporting into the head of department, and you will join a team of 7 highly skilled and experienced colleagues. You will jointly focus on the development of sheet recipes and ensure optimization thereof.
In the role of Senior Materials Scientist your primary responsibility will be to ensure material research, development of new recipes and prioritise activities to ensure optimization and maintenance of current recipes. You will have the power to decide which recipes should be available at each production site and setting the right control level for testing raw materials. You will be liable for the selection, validation and implementation of new additives and raw materials. And you will have a role, where your decisions have an impact on our daily operation.
Furthermore, you will be allocated into projects across the organisation and you will serve stakeholders with your expertise and knowledge to help validate material performance in accordance with the requirements. In the capacity of your role, you will be a vital advisor to many departments, such as Sales, Quality, and Operation.
Your primary tasks will be
- Develop and implement new materials recipes, e.g. new applications and/or colours
- Validate and implement new additives and raw materials in cooperation with Procurement
- Maintain and optimize existing recipes in terms of cost, sourcing options, master data etc.
- Enhance our Group Material Platform approach to further benefit from economies of scale
- Support local Operations in trouble shooting on a adhoc basis
- Manage internal training within materials in cooperation with the rest of the team
You bring a master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Sciences or similar paired with at least 5-7 years of experience within similar role, preferred experience with PET and PP materials.
You are motivated by driving process and projects and by nature curious about seeking new knowledge within your areas of expertise. You are flexible and have a positive mindset and you value working in a dynamic environment. You have great communication skills and you are able to translate theory to practice.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Danish and English
- Preferably experienced with extrusion and thermoforming processes
- Able to interact with many different stakeholders across different functions and countries
- Ability to work independently with several workstreams simultaneously
- You have a solid theoretical background which you can convert to hands-on pragmatic solutions
What is it like to be a part of Faerch?
Working at Faerch, you will become part of an international company aiming to ensure a sustainable future by creating true circularity in food packaging. We are home to great people, who are dedicated to achieving our purpose and elevating our business. We believe that your growth is vital to our success, and you can rely on us to invest in your professional and personal development.
Would you like to join us?
If you would like to hear more about the job, please contact Senior Director, Group Product Development & Compliance, Michael Lindholt, on + 45 41 96 61 11.
Place of work: Holstebro
Application deadline: 23. August 2022
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.