Can you motivate and lead a team of highly skilled employees working in our prestigious offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Senior Manager for our Substations Development Project Management department in our Wind Power business unit where you’ll manage a dedicated team of development project managers who are part of a functional area delivering project management and engineering services to our future offshore wind projects. You’ll join a dynamic leadership team with focus on performance and customer satisfaction. Your department will consist of approximately 10 project managers and is part of the overall Substations Project Management group with more than 20 employees, where we cooperate closely with our colleagues across the entire organisation and participate in all project phases.
Your key tasks will be to
- provide skilled and competent resources with the right mind-set to projects and programmes internationally
- assure quality and standardisation of work performed by own resources
- motivate and drive your team’s and the overall department’s performances towards the overall company goals
- recruit, train and manage people development
- raise risks and propose mitigations for own functional area.
Furthermore, you’ll maintain and develop concepts, tools, processes and knowledge, including lessons learned in best practice. You’ll also drive part of the early development work on future projects for your department until mature enough to handover to a dedicated project manager. You’ll support the head of Substations Project management in driving strategic development activities, and you’ll plan and man future pipelines for substation projects.
Your competences include that you
- have significant leadership and team management experience from a strong matrix organisation
- have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in engineering, solid technical understanding and relevant experience within the onshore and offshore industry
- have worked as EPC project manager and have experience with all phases of development and construction of large multidisciplinary CAPEX projects
- have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influence business performance
- can demonstrate staff responsibility and a global mindset, having managed employees from a distance.
Moreover, you’re a strong leader of leaders and excellent at leading, coaching, supporting and developing your team. You’re a strong communicator and excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way. You’re able to drive yourself and your team forward and are able to ensure cross-organisational collaboration to allow innovation, improvements and co-creation of value with our customers to reduce cost of electricity. You manage change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better. You’re skilled at managing stakeholders, and you’re able to keep the bigger picture in mind at all times, yet you understand the importance of minding the details from the minor to the larger ones. As we operate in a highly international environment, it’s essential that you speak and write English fluently. Certification in project management at PMI or ICMA level is an advantage.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 10 August 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andrea Cardellino, Senior Manager of Substations Project Management, on telephone +45 9955 6143, if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder