Senior Linux System Administrator
Imagine a future where you help drive IT operations in one of the most dynamic industries and for the largest offshore wind operator in the world
Join us in this role where you’ll play a key part in a team that maintains and develops a truly global Linux infrastructure. We need you in IT to help us develop and deliver sustainable and world-class IT.
Welcome to Infrastructure Competence Centre
You’ll be part of a team with talented dedicated people working together across infrastructure areas, borders, and cultures. You, together with your colleagues, will be both innovating and operating in a Linux environment of some 400+ servers in a mixed Linux/Windows environment at a company that’s expanding both geographically and technologically.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maintaining and supporting the existing Linux infrastructure in both enterprise and OT environments
- helping design and implement solutions that support our business across the globe
- strengthening our ability to automate workloads
- keeping a ‘security first’ focus, especially in the Operational Technology Zones
- liaising with solution architects and business stakeholders to design and implement new projects
- participating in operational tasks such as lifecycle management, upgrades, and deployments.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have working experience with Red Hat, Red Hat Satellite, and Red Hat idM or other IAM/server management solutions
- have solid experience with shell scripting
- are able to understand/modify Perl, Python, and Bash
- have some working experience with containers and container management – we use Docker and Kubernetes
- have a proactive approach to work that needs to be done
- can work independently but also work well in teams.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 20 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Bøgedal Jørgensen, Head of Infrastructure Engineering CC, on +4599557749 if you’d like to know more about the position in Denmark or contact Pawel Kropielnicki, Head of AISO CC, on +48507972013 if you’d like to know more about the position in Poland.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please note that this is an employment contract.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.